Chapter 24 - Forgive Me

Dedicating this update to pm98765.

An uncomfortable sadness was gnawing Piya. Sleep was far away as her gaze lingered on the dark ceiling. Twisting and turning she tried to find the reason for her discomfort but all she could see was Abhay.

His sad eyes lingered in the back of her mind and she felt utter guilty for leaving him in the party. It was her desire to meet him but when he came in front of her, she couldn't even had the guts to face him.

Hurt, she reacted on impulse, as always and left him where he stood. So what if he had withdrawn his step? She could've initiated the first step to reach him this time.

Even if he didn't want her in his life anymore, she should've forced her way in his life. Just like the way he had forced his way in her life and married her.

"The scores would've settled and we would've been happy," Piya whispered sitting up straight in frustration.

She was angry on herself for behaving the way she did and she was upset of the nagging discomfort too.

"Something is wrong, but what?" Piya thought leaning on the headboard trying to find the answers but her questions remained questions. As always.

Her thoughts wandered uselessly and she tried to sleep again. But the moments with Abhay flashed in her mind and troubled her heart.

His loving words. His incredible possessiveness. His tender touch. His warming smiles and his cold glares.

"Is he fine?" The thought rattled her even more and she sat up with a terrific feeling.

Swiftly, she searched for her phone to talk to Abhay, to know his wellbeing, only to realize she never had one after Abhay broke his gifted one. Her family was blissfully unaware of her situation and she didn't ask anything from them.

Troubled, Piya sat up feeling the silence nagging her.

His unpredictable anger and his inescapable authority found its way to her memory and she wondered the reason for his change.

The change as sudden as he married and left her too.

The reason still unknown.

"Does he feel bad on leaving me? Hurt? Or angry? What must be he feeling?" Piya whispered hugging her knees and placing her head over them.

She never thought what he must be feeling after leaving her. But why he left her was a question too.

And she wanted answers. Which meant she had to meet Abhay since he wasn't really keen to meet her ever again.

"What have you become Abhay?" Piya sighed. He was always different but she never paid much attention and now she was regretting not understanding him from the very beginning.

He knew the art of distraction and always managed to distract her from every matter related to him and she was always easy to be distracted.

Stifling a yawn, Piya tried to sleep again. But the night was heavy and the sleep wasn't merciful. Something was wrong with the night and her heart wasn't feeling peace.

"He must be alone. Will he be fine?"

Torrents of thoughts were bringing a flood of misery for Piya. There was nothing she could do and nothing she could understand.

At last, the gloomy night passed with a disturbed sleep.

As soon sunlight filled her room, Piya jumped out of her bed and ran out of the room after a quick shower. Dashing down the stairs, she came across her bewildered family whom she decided to ignore.