Chapter 23 - Silent Night

Staring the silent Abhay, Siddharth tried to understand what was going through his mind. But it seemed a statue had overtaken Abhay.

A half day was passed and Abhay didn't even question anything. He did everything Siddharth told him to. Without word and without any expression.

Siddharth felt he was seeing a dead man in Abhay and it was worst than seeing someone die.

"Abhay," Siddharth started slowly, trying to catch his expressions. "You need to go to Mumbai."

"There's nothing left in Mumbai for me," Abhay spoke for the first time in morning.

At least, there was some reaction involving the places that hurt Abhay. Siddharth thought over the situation. He had to bring out Abhay emotions.

"Abhay, many Pari out there needs you. And for that you need to go to Mumbai to attend the party of our venture with Mr Malhotra," Siddharth said taking the names that were dear to Abhay.

"Which party and why?" Abhay asked gazing the ceiling and showing no emotions.

But at least, he was speaking.

"The success party of your venture on chain of Love & Happiness Orphanage," Siddharth said observing his reaction. This project was dear to Abhay and he should show some reaction.

"You can go," Abhay said with no emotions contrary to Siddharth's expectations.

"It can affect your venture and so the thousands of kids. Please Abhay, you need to attend this party," Siddharth persuaded him. Maybe, this party would bring some emotions. It was important for Abhay to get out of his house and interact with people.

"Where are you going, Abhay?" Siddharth asked standing up when Abhay stood up.

"Party," Abhay replied nonchalantly. "That's where you asked me to go, right?"

Siddharth stared him with a pinch in his heart. This side of Abhay was hard to digest.

"Won't you change?" Siddharth said glancing to his casual wear.

"What's wrong in this shirt?" Abhay said pointing at the shirt he was wearing from so many days.

Siddharth fumbled thinking what to reply.

"Nothing, just they sent a dress for you," Siddharth said without thinking when Abhay started to go again.

Siddharth cursed under his breath. What a stupid thing he said. Abhay would know his plan immediately.

"Why would they do that?" Abhay asked.

"As a gift," Siddharth said coming up with another lie. He couldn't let Abhay know what he was trying, else Abhay would never come out of the hollow shell.

"Why will someone gift me?" Abhay asked trailing off into some other world. A tinge of pain overcame in his empty eyes.

"Why not?" Siddharth asked seeing it an opportunity to bring out his emotions.

"Why will they?" Abhay asked and there was the same emptiness in his eyes again.

"For success," Siddharth sighed. Abhay had bottled up his emotions too much in himself. Siddharth every word was bouncing back without any effect on Abhay and it was sad.

"What a bullshit," Abhay mumbled with no feelings.

"Okay, gimme whatever that shit is," Abhay said indifferently.

Siddharth nodded with sadness. Abhay would've understood his mistake if he was the same Abhay Khurana. But this Abhay was a empty shell and it was heartbreaking for Siddharth.