Interlude

Interlude is a kind of flashback. This chap explains what happened with Abhay after the party.

*_*_*

Everything seemed to be drowned in darkness. Just like his life.

He wanted to lose himself to this darkness and not feel any pain. But there was pain. A strange pain in his whole body. The most being in his left leg and he didn't understand why.

Something cold hit his face forcing him to open his eyes. A pain was hammering his head as he tried to see in the faint light. The place seemed unfamiliar and dirty.

Water dripped from his hair and slipped on his face making him wonder where he was. His gaze dropped on his lap and he realised he was sitting on a chair.

He tried to move his hands but they were restrained from behind. Confused, he tried to move his legs but they were bound too.

The bandage on his left knee brought even more confusion and that's when he remembered of the party night.

His Piya and her hurt. The distance between them and the cold night. The empty road and his crushed heart.

And then, the deafening shot and racing car. The pain shooting through his leg, and car hitting him from back, knocking him unconscious as his head hit the road.

Blurred faces played in his mind and he raised his eyes to look at the same face from his nightmare.

Everything fell on the place as he realised what really happened. He was kidnapped by the person he hated most and the opportunity was given by none other than him.

He was helpless at that moment and he knew he should regret escaping his bodyguard or feel scared of the man in front of him.

But he had lost emotions to feel anything. It was just blankness as if someone took away his power to feel.

"Won't you say hello to your old family, Abhay?" Neerav Khurana smirked placing his feet over the table that was placed between him and Abhay.

"My family died fifteen years back," Abhay answered looking at Neerav with no fear this time.

Abhay wanted him to see what Neerav made him. A hard shell that couldn't be broken by anything in world.

Anything but Piya.

"That's rude, Abhay. Didn't anyone teach you manners?" Neerav said tilting his head with a threat in his eyes, and Abhay recognised that look from his past, but showed nothing.

He was a cold shell and he would show Neerav that this time he wouldn't get anything from him. None of the pleasure that Neerav sought.

"What do you want?" Abhay asked even when he knew what he wanted. The danger lingered in his aura as somewhere revenge was ignited.

"To the point. A true businessman. Good. Am impressed," Neerav snickered in pleasure.

Placing the papers in front of Abhay, Neerav slammed the pen beside them.

"Sign them." He ordered.

Abhay stared him.

"What are they?" Abhay asked, he exactly knew what they must be but he wasn't going to be easy with this man.

Neerav had ruined his childhood and his happiness, he was never going to give the happiness that Neerav was trying to get from him again.

"Property papers," he said "according to which you'll be giving away your everything to your mother and your stepfather, that is me."