Chapter 20 - A Deep Crack

For her life, something had to be done. A decision had to be taken. She had to understand her own feelings and decide what she really wanted.

Living in this uncertain world wasn't healthy for her. She had to either accept it or leave it. Or maybe try to change it?

Exasperated Piya sat up straight and gazed the cloudy sky. The rainy season was her favourite but due to the complications in her life, she wasn't able to enjoy this cool weather.

The problem was, she didn't know what she wanted. Whether she actually wanted to be with Abhay or leave his dark world. She actually didn't know what she wanted.

Besides, Rishab words and that kiss were already creating havoc in her mind. If only, she could've been with Rishab a bit more to understand what he meant. His words actually sounded soothing but she missed the chance to get clarity.

She didn't even have phone anymore. Talking to Rishab would've brought some clarity in her decision and feelings.

But wait, Piya stood up and walked to the white lilies in the garden as realisation struck her.

"How can I miss this?" Piya exclaimed touching the lilies that she missed but her words actually for the thought that just crossed her mind.

Piya berated herself as she realized she should actually talk to Abhay. So what if he was being egoistic and not talking with her properly?

They were best friend once. That relation couldn't just puff off even if Abhay was faking it all along. There must be some traces of that softness even if Abhay was beast.

A smile of achievement came on Piya face. Things could come up better if they went through this conversation.

Or maybe worse, Piya face fell as she felt nervous of the outcome of her efforts. She wasn't sure of Abhay anymore which meant she couldn't be sure of his reaction and words either.

He could be calm and loving at one moment, and blazing and hateful at other moment.

Anything could happen and this thought brought flood of anxiety for her. She didn't feel confident to face Abhay or even go through this conversation. She wasn't sure of what to talk with him.

Her thoughts were muddled up and arranging them in words was a task. Then how could she believe in the success of her idea?

But what may happen, she had to do it. She couldn't live like this. This sadness and confusion was maddening.

Even if she stutters or forget words in front of Abhay, she is going to talk to him.

Piya decided with shaky determination. She looked at the mansion silent under the dark clouds. A fear crawled on her body and a shiver ran down her spine.

Gulping, she gained her confidence and walked in the mansion to face Abhay. Hall was empty and it didn't surprise her. He would be mostly in room or in study room and at this moment Piya wanted him to be in former rather than latter, for obvious reasons.

Walking inside, she checked their room and to her dismay it was empty, which left her with only option. Study room.

Piya pressed her forehead as she stood in the centre of their room. She didn't want to disturb him in between his work. He could be angry or troubled at something or other which wouldn't help her purpose anyway.

Pacing in the room, Piya mused on the decision of facing him. Something told her she should wait for better time but her mind wasn't ready to let go the idea.

"I'm going to talk to him," Piya decided.

Walking out of the room,she made her way to his study room. Tiptoeing, Piya peeked inside. She noticed his tensed form, sitting in front of the laptop. Hesitation came again and she almost dropped the idea. Almost.