Chapter 26 -- Tickle

They got back from the beach windblown and sunkissed and more than ready for a nap. Scott settled Midge into bed and then got online to google everything he could about Neko ownership. There wasn't much, certainly not anything nearly as official as Midge seemed to know. Most of it was fetish stuff, or cosplay, or random stories written by people who had obviously never met a Neko.

There were only a few days before the trip to Arizona and he had NO idea what to do about this collaring and owning business. He didn't want either; he wanted Midge to be free to say, and do, and think, and experience anything and everything he wanted. He loved Midge wide-eyed and sassy-mouthed more than anything in the world and he wanted more.

He needed it explained, needed to know exactly why things would change, and how. Would Midge retreat back into his shell once he was 'owned' again? Because to Scott, nothing would change. He would never, ever treat him harshly or like a slave, sex or otherwise. But he'd seen the look in Midge's eyes, the hope, the desire. It was there, something he needed and wanted, but Scott couldn't fathom what it was. What did Midge need from him? Could he provide it?

He gave up his search and wandered into the bedroom. He was as quiet as possible, even though he knew Midge would hear him either way, it just seemed the right thing to do.

"I am glad you are here. I warmed up the bed for you." Midge said, uncurling slightly and scooting back to give Scott room to get in.

"This bed is becoming one of my favorite places."

"This nook" he said, moving in "IS my favorite place."

"Would you still say that if I owned you?"

He pulled his head back, surprised at the question. "I am not sure I understand."

"I don't either, but we need to talk about things. It should wait until tomorrow though, this is our day. Forget I asked." He ran his fingers up and down Midge's arm until he flinched. "Are you ticklish?"

"I... I have a few spots. Yes. I can control it if the movement is slow, but it is harder if it is done on purpose."

"I would like to hear you laugh until you can't stand it anymore and you're breathless. Does it upset you?"

"To laugh?"

"No, silly boy, to be tickled."

"I can not say I enjoy it, but if it would please you I do not mind."

"You can tickle me back."

Midge's eyes widened in surprise.  "I can? Well I guess that changes things. Sounds more like fun."

His eyes lit up then and he turned on his side. "Ready?"

"You mean now? Oh, yes, if you would like."

Scott started slow, his fingers feather light across his side, just below his ribs. He watched Midge's face, memorizing where he jumped and where he grinned. Then, once he had a plan of attack, he went all in.

Midge screamed and thrashed, making desperate attempts to tickle Scott but he couldn't see or really control his limbs. The crazy half-sobs that came out of his mouth sounded a lot like laughter but they didn't feel like it. Then, in desperation, he swung his tail out until he connected with something hard.

"OWWW! You little SHIT!" Scott reached up to protect his head and that's when he got blasted full out by a pillow.

Midge was on his feet, pillow in hand. He swung down with all his might and thwacked Scott in the chest again.

"Okay, okay, truce! I'll stop!" he said, laughing harder than he had in months.

"Promise?" Midge asked, pillow lifted over his head and ready to strike.

"Yes, yes, I promise" he gasped. His smile was so wide that his jaw ached, but his eyes were drinking in the sight of Midge towering above him, teasing him. "You're beautiful all ruffled."

"Did I laugh enough for you Scott?"

"Yeah, I have to admit that I had a lot of fun. How about you?"

"I prefer other kinds of fun, if it is my choice."

"Well that seems fair, it should be your turn. Want me to come up there?"

"No, I like you right where you are." Midge dropped the pillow then and dropped to his knees. He may not say the word to himself or anyone else, but what he did then was much, much more than just training.

*** *** *** *** *** ***

That evening Midge did his best to ignore the coming Thursday and the question of whether or not Scott would want to collar him. He pushed the uncertainty down and enjoyed the happy while he still had it. He knew how precarious his current life was and that this joy may have to last him a very, very long time.

But oh, how much joy there was. His head was in Scott's lap and he was getting rubbed. The silly movie on the television was probably his new favorite, although it was hard to beat the Hero. They'd popped popcorn and a huge bowl sat on the table in front of him, well within reach. He grabbed a few pieces and ate them one at a time, savoring them.