Chapter 40 -- Surprise

Later that afternoon, while Midge took his nap, Scott and Kelly sat on the couch and talked, finally, about everything that had gone wrong the night before.

        "Neither of you mentioned it, so I didn't bring it up, but was it okay?  He said dinner was fine" she asked.

"Dinner was, because we didn't eat there. Midge is really, really good at avoiding answering things he doesn't want to.  Sebastian, Misty's" He threw his fingers in the air in the universal quote, unquote signal "owner is an ASS" he hissed, not wanting to wake Midge.  "I hit him."

        "You WHAT?" she asked, leaning in.

"He was a total tool the whole time and fucking ordered Midge around, to see if he could.  And then, THEN, he asked me if I wanted to switch with him for the weekend so he could.... I lost it Kake, fucking LOST.  IT."

        "Oh my god.  Poor Midge.  Did he get to see Misty at all?"

"She kneeled at Sebastian's feet for a few minutes before he threatened to get them into a fight, but I don't think they said a single word."  He thought about it a moment  "No, not even hello.  When Sebastian told us to get out he grabbed for her hand and said 'no' and the bastard HIT MIDGE---"

        "NO!" she interrupted.  "His face, I thought it looked a little swollen but I wasn't sure and didn't want to ask."

"Yeah, if Zac hadn't been there I think it would have gotten bad.  He was the only one thinking half straight.  I owe him a bottle of something expensive, at the very least."

        Kelly moved over and sat close to Scott, leaning into him.  He put his arm around her and they sat for a moment, Kelly just trying to take in all she'd been told.

"I want to do something amazing for him, something that will take his mind off yesterday.  I don't know what though."

        "Something fun?" she asked.

"Absolutely.  He's never done anything, so we don't have to worry about that.  He'd never even been to the beach and this morning I found out he'd never been in an elevator before last night."

        "I'm going to make a crazy guess that he's never been to Disneyland then."

Scott's eyes lit up and his mouth opened wide.  "And he can ride the rides now because he doesn't need a hat!  Have I told you lately that you are the BEST?!?"

        "Not enough, no.  Continue" she said, grinning.

"I don't know what I'd do without you.  You are the most amazing, gorgeous, brilliant woman I have ever known.  You deserve an award and a clothing line.  You rank in my life only below Beyonce and my mother."

        "Now that IS enough, you goofball.  You two going alone or do you want some company?"

"I think he'd probably feel better with more of us.  You and Jeremy want to come?"

        "He never passes down a chance to go to Disneyland, so I'll ask."

"I wonder what he'll think of all the characters?" Scott asked, contemplating the looks on Midge's face.

        "And the shows..."

"And the fireworks!  I have never been this excited to go, I can't wait to see what how much he loves it!.

        "Wonder what he'll do with a giant turkey leg?"

"Oh hell yes!"

        "Okay, let me run home and change, can't exactly go in these shoes.  I'll text you once I hear back from Jeremy.  Could you be any happier though?  Really?  You two are insanely cute together."

"I am happy, even with yesterday and hating myself for it, I can't help it.  Every day with him is like Christmas.  This is seriously the best surprise ever."

        "See you guys later, Scooter.  Love you."