Chapter 51 -- Coffee

**** This is the longest book... seriously. I should split it but that seems like work, so we'll just continue on if everyone is okay with that?

(It ended up being over 100 chapters.  Oops??)

Scott HATED the sound of his alarm right now but he had practice so he'd been a good boy and set it before drifting off to sleep for their much-needed nap.

"We need to get up now?" Midge asked, his voice still groggy from sleep.

"I do but you don't. I'll be back in a few hours. You'll be here, right? Midge? Promise?"

"Of course. I told you I will not leave again and I will not."

Scott took a deep breath, kissed him on the cheek, and climbed out of the warm bed. "This sucks, I wanna stay in bed with you."

"Will it be easier if I make you coffee?"

He leaned down to pull his pants on. "You are too good to me. Yes it would probably help but you should... never mind, you're up already. Thanks Midge." He grabbed a shirt and followed him into the kitchen. "Hey, you never drink coffee, do you? Don't you like it?"

"I have never tried it."

Scott was awake now, he couldn't imagine living without coffee. "WHAT? You have to try it, it's.... you just have to. This is okay, but I'll bring you home Starbucks and you can try the good stuff!"

"Alright, I like to try new things. It has a strong smell, but I like the taste when you kiss me."

Scott blew out his breath. "Yeah. Kisses. Bed. You. Yummy. Um, I need to stop. Okay, uh, my third grade teacher. Um, my sister naked, although for a girl she's really pretty, but still ICK."

"You are a weird man."

"Yes, yes I am. But at least I can walk. I have to run love, I'll be back about 2:30, alright? Call me....."

"If I need you. Yes I will Scott. Thank you. Is there anything you would like me to do while you are gone?"

"Nope, just have fun and don't leave, okay?" He kissed his cheek and ran out the door, forgetting to take his coffee.

Midge went to make himself a glass of milk but saw the coffee on the counter. He took a little sip and decided it definitely needed more cream, so he added a good sized pour and tried again. Better. He grabbed one of his new books and curled up on the couch to sip his coffee and read.

He was halfway through his book when he ran out of coffee and decided that he'd definitely like another cup while he finished. It was warm, and milky, and he didn't mind it at all. The taste reminded him of Scott and he set the Keurig to make him another cup. Soon he was curled back up, sipping and reading. He realized that he'd drunk Scott's so he hopped up and made him another cup, just in case he wanted it. But no, he was bringing home some Starbucks, so Midge went ahead and drank that cup too.

*** *** *** ***

Scott was doing a brain dump on Kelly after rehearsal and she was handling it fairly well. They were standing in Starbucks waiting for their order when Scott finally mentioned how good Midge's artwork was and that he should sell it.

"What about Lisa? The Lisa that did the jewelry for Radioactive? She does amazing jewelry and sells her stuff online on etsy; I bet she could help Midge get all set up and teach him how it works."

"I hadn't even thought of that. Yeah, I'll give her a call and see if she can help him out. Thank you!"

"What can I say? I'm brilliant. Speaking of brilliant, are you sure that giving him caffeine is a good idea?"