Chapter 1 - Yet Another Fight

It was a Sunday evening and Maya could hear how her mother was clearly fighting with her step-father.
That was a never ending fight.
Maya was putting away some clothes in her cupboard when she heard her door opening.

"Hey what is it Alex?" Maya asked as the boy ran to her.

He folded his arms around her legs and she sighed.
With tears coming out of his face she knew it wasn't some nightmare.
It was their parents fighting.
Maya picked up the little boy and put him on her bed before kneeling down so she could have eye contact with him.

"Mom and Dad are going through some stuff but they are going to be fine. It's just a fight. I had various one's with my best friend. It's okay Alex. Nothing is gonna change," Maya said.
"It is. They are going apart," Alex said and Maya took him in her arms.
"No Baby Boy. They're not. Why don't you sleep here with me tonight? I'll get you a blanket," Maya said as she out him down on her bed getting another blanket.
"Okay," Maya said as she threw the blanket on him sitting down right next to him.
"What about we watch Cars? Then we can have like a little sleepover," Maya said.
"Yeah."
"Okay, let me go see what we have," Maya said and went to the front immediately stopping her parents.

"Alex is in a state. Stop it, will ya? He is sleeping with me tonight. We are gonna watch a few movies," Maya said.
"Okay, thank you Maya," Shawn said.
"Pull yourselves together," Maya said and went back to her room.

"Okay, Bud. Let's see what we have," Maya said as they went through everything and watched two movies before Alex fell asleep.

Maya threw a blanket over him as she rubbed her eyes.
She has truly had enough of all of this.
She didn't know what to do more to just get everything done with but she couldn't take it.
She sigh as she saw her suitcase from the side of her eye.
She looked at Alex where he was sleeping.
She knew she couldn't do it to him but she wasn't getting any better so she had to move forward.
She took out the suitcase and packed a few pieces of clothes and other necessities which she'll need.
She then grabbed her computer and immediately went on the airport page.
She realized it was way too expensive to just fly so her second option was driving which she was going to do.
She slipped out of her room and packed everything in her car driving off.

Maya's Suitcase

Maya's backpack

Maya's backpack