Chapter 15 - Back In LA

It was the next morning and the two newlyweds were just talking to everyone there while they actually just waited for the clock to hit nine-thirty.

"So, Sis. How are you guys going on? Honeymoon soon or are you guys going back to LA for work?" Morgan asked and Maya's heart sunk at the word Sis.
"Yeah. Josh has to get back to college and I have to get back to work. Luckily I don't have school or so but I have to head back to work. We are lucky to have a supportive background to help us get through everything. Where is Mr Feeny and Mr Turner?" Maya asked.

"Right here. Gosh, Joshua. Feels like just the other day when I stopped teaching you English and now you are married. Stop following in your brother's tracks," Jonathan said.
"Yeah. I barely got Shawn married now I got his daughter married as well. I'm sorry to hear about Shawn though. Didn't think he had that in him," George said.
"It's okay. I actually want to thank you guys. Not just did you give Josh a great education but what you guys did for us yesterday was amazing. I'll never forget it," Maya said.
"Okay, Gorgeous. We have to go otherwise we are gonna miss our flight. Thank you for everything guys," Josh said.

~

It was a lot later and the airplane was about to land.
Maya and Josh sat next to each other feeling so grateful that everything they had was theirs.
Maya would never forget it and neither would Josh.

"Ready to go home, Maya Hunter?" Josh asked.
"Don't you mean Maya Matthews?" Maya asked as she gave Josh a soft kiss.
"Yeah, I guess I do. I had no idea you would take my name. But after what Morgan said in her speech it's not hard to believe," Josh said.
"Of course I'll take it. Anytime. I've dreamed about yesterday for the past two years and finally my dream did come true. I won't have it any other way and if this is the best it gets, I'm fine with that. As long as we are together," Maya said.

'Passengers, we will be landing in Los Angeles very soon. Please buckle up and don't leave your seats.'

"Here we go, Mrs Matthews," Josh said and Maya smiled.