Chapter 12 - Maya's Birthday

Wednesday, 16 January 2019.
Maya Hunter is officially eighteen years old and she can't explain how good it does feel.
She actually was thinking she could just go on as she usually would not realizing she now has a fiancé who will probably want to be apart of her life including things like her birthday.

She and Josh were still in Pennsylvania and since they were there Josh got his mother to help with most of the arrangements for the day.
Maya actually didn't want the big party thing but she knew she wasn't going to get it her way since it was her eighteenth birthday as well as her first one with Josh.
Maya was already up and got dressed.
While she was brushing her hair she saw Josh entering her bedroom.

"Hey," Maya said.
"Hey, Gorgeous. Happy birthday," Josh said as he gave his fiancé a kiss.
"Thanks. This one is definitely going to be very different," Maya said.
"Because Riley and your parents aren't here?" Josh asked and Maya shook her head.
"No. Because I'm engaged to Josh Matthews. And we are not doing anything wrong as far as dating goes since I'm eighteen," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"Yeah, I guess we aren't doing anything wrong. Not that it ever bothered you," Josh said as he gave Maya a box.
"You really are going all out. I didn't expect anything, you know that?" Maya asked.
"You never do because of your mother. But I want to make it a tradition that every year we do something from now on," Josh said as Maya opened the box finding a necklace.

 But I want to make it a tradition that every year we do something from now on," Josh said as Maya opened the box finding a necklace

"Thank you, Josh. And here begins one of many birthdays together," Maya said.
"Yeah. That's true," Josh said.
"Listen, I was thinking we could quickly discuss the wedding," Maya said and Josh nod.
"I think we should do it while we're here. We invite Eric and. Organ and get Mr Feeny to do it like he did my mother's wedding. I don't want the big white wedding thing. I can't face the dress shopping and so. We get married in Philadelphia before we go back. We'll stay a few more days," Maya said.
"We're flying out on Sunday so why don't we do it the Saturday? Eric and Morgan will make it easily. Don't you want your parents or at least Riley to be here?" Josh asked.
"It's not about what happens or who is there. But what matters is us. That's all that is important to me," Maya said.
"Okay, we'll discuss it with my parents a bit later," Josh said.

~

"Happy birthday, Maya," Amy said as she gave the young girl a hug.
"Thank you, Amy. For everything. The party and making me feel welcome in your home," Maya said.
"So, me and Maya wanted to discuss something with you guys. We want to get married before we go back so we thought you guys, Eric, Morgan and Mr Feeny then we'll hold it Saturday," Josh said.
"We'll get George to get you two married and just invite Jonathan to make it official. Let's start planning a wedding," Alan said.
"Thank you guys. I don't want to wait until Riley or my parents one day decides to contact me. I'm making my dream come true on its own," Maya said.