Chapter 3 - Explaining

"What do you mean you ran away? Maya do you know how far you are from home?" Josh asked.
"They still haven't even realized it. I left on Sunday and my parents are so clueless they haven't even realized their own daughter is missing. Josh they don't care about me. Clearly, because I just drove 3000 miles at seventeen on my own and nobody is noticing besides my friends. My parents don't care about me and they never did. This proves it. I drove here and they still haven't even noticed I'm gone. What does that mean?" Maya asked and Josh looked at her.
"I'm sorry, Maya. I don't know what to tell you. But you can't just do something like this. What if they report you missing?" Josh asked.
"It's been two days and they still haven't. I doubt they even will anymore. Not even a phone call. They're destroying both me and Alex further in the ground," Maya said.
"Who's Alex?" Josh asked.
"My brother. They adopted him awhile ago. He's five," Maya said.
"Go back home. How are you going to survive here?" Josh asked.
"I have a job. Don't worry, I'll be fine," Maya said.
"Well I am. Do you have a place to stay?" Josh asked and Maya nod.
"I'm okay. I have to go. I'll see you around," Maya said and was gone.

~

Maya got back home and switched her computer on.
She didn't know why but now because of Josh she just needed to talk to her dad.
She tried calling them but he didn't answer so then she grabbed her phone.
She send him a text without knowing if he really will reply.

M - Hi, Dad. Everything okay in NY? Let me know.

Maya sigh as she takes her make-up off and quickly puts on her pj's just in time to get a text from her father.

S - We're fine. You did the right thing running off. We can't take care of both you and Alex and clearly even him we need help with. Me and Mom are going to Ohio so my brother can help us raise him. Let me know if you need help from afar.

Maya sighed as she knew her parents weren't exactly very much wealthy but never thought that they weren't able to take care of her.
Luckily she did have a job which meant that she of course would be able to take care of herself.
She goes to her suitcase and quickly got her camera out switching it on.

"Hey, Mayavilles. So... I moved to LA. you heard right. I just wanted to get away from everything and everyone so I didn't want to be near New York. I drove Sunday at midnight and got here around seven or so. But I did get a apartment and already bumped into a crush so that's fun. I'll be updating on videos and so a lot and you guys can except a few videos within the next day or two. I just wanted to quickly give you guys an update on life. I'll see you guys soon. Subscribe to my channel and give this video a like then I'll see you guys soon. Bye, Mayavilles."