Chapter 9 - Christmas Morning

It was the next morning and Maya woke up next to Josh.
She smiles as she stands up from where she was laying.
She looks over at her phone to find that Riley had send yet another message to her.
One wishing her a merry Christmas and she smiled.
Of course the young girl was celebrating Christmas with her family in London but it still came to her mind to wish her best friend a merry Christmas.
Maya takes a look at her clock seeing its close to ten am and she sighed.
She looked over to where Josh was sound asleep slightly shaking him till he woke up.

"Morning," Josh said sitting up.
"It's ten am," Maya said and Josh grabbed his phone.
"Gosh it is. Wow, I can't believe it's that late. Happy Christmas," Josh said giving Maya a kiss.
"To you too. Our first one together," Maya said and Josh gave her a box.
"What is this?" Maya asked.
"Open it up," Josh said and Maya opened the box finding a ring immediately gasped.

"Josh what is going on?" Maya asked and Josh slightly took the box out of her hand.
"Maya Penelope Hunter, will you marry me?" Josh asked.
"Yes, of course I will," Maya said.

Josh put the ring gently on Maya's finger as she smiled.
He pulled her in close for a passionate kiss which they both got lost into.

The ring