Chapter 8 - Christmas Eve

It was four days later and now it was time for Christmas Eve.
Not just was it Maya's first one without the Matthews but also with Josh and in her new place without her parents.
She was pretty much as nervous as she could be not realizing that she would do anything to have all those old Christmas holidays over with her mother.
But this year was also special since it was the first one where she got to spend it with her boyfriend and she was excited.
Maya got dressed and headed straight out to Josh's place.

Maya's outfit

Luckily it was just a stone throw away and didn't Maya have to walk very far

But there was certainly something about the vibe of Christmas that made her think it was just like in New York.

"Hey," Maya said as she gave Josh a kiss.
"I hope you're hungry 'cause as usual I made way too much food," Josh said.
"Yeah, I actually am. It's nice knowing that I don't have to be alone during the festive season. I was really scared that would be the deal here," Maya said.
"You'll never be alone," Josh said and Maya gave him a smile.
"I know. You having friends over or something?" Maya asked.
"I'm introducing you to a couple of my friends, yeah. I made some last year so hopefully this will be something nice," Josh said.
"We can do anything in the world, as long as I'm with you, I'm happy," Maya said and the doorbell rang.

"Hey, guys. Come in," Josh said.
"This must be the girlfriend. I'm Anna and this is Jonathan."
"Maya please to meet you," Maya said and smiled as the girl gasped.
"You're Maya Hunter? I've probably watched all your videos. It's great meeting you," Anna said and Maya smiled.
"No problem," Maya said.
"One good thing to talk about," Josh said making Maya smile.