Chapter 10 - We're Engaged

It was a few hours later and now Josh was trying to figure out how he was going to tell his family since he hasn't told anyone the big news yet.
He and Maya is engaged.
Neither could actually believe it.

"So who do you wanna tell?" Josh asked.
"Let's just go to Philadelphia for a week and tell your parents. I have no desire to tell any of mine," Maya said.
"Maya, I know up are not in a very good space with your parents but we have to tell them," Josh said.
"Josh what parents let a seventeen year old drive two thousand miles on her own? They're not my parents. Let's just tell your parents and siblings. We'll book a flight there and then we can go tell them," Maya said.
"Okay, when is the earliest flight to them anyway?" Josh asked as he quickly looked on the website in front of him.

"The twenty-seventh. Two days," Josh said.
"Book it. How long will you be able to get off from college?" Maya asked.
"Three weeks," Josh said.
"Book until the twentieth then. What harm can that do?" Maya asked.
"About twenty-four days. Let's go for it. Okay we'll be flying at around eight the morning and then we'll land at one. So that is technically three the afternoon in Philly. Then it's a half hour drive. Let's do it," Josh said and immediately booked the flight.

~

Two days later, three the afternoon Philadelphia time.

Maya and Josh landed immediately getting their luggage and a taxi.
It was just a 35 minute drive but it was still far for them who just flew five hours.
As the taxi stood still in front of the house Maya unloaded everything while Josh paid the man.
He drove off and Josh smiles.
He looks at Maya which signals him a that they can go ahead.
Josh rang the bell as his mother answered the door.

"Oh my gosh. Joshua!" Amy said as she embraced Josh.
"Goodness, Mom. I wasn't away forever," Josh said.
"Maya, welcome," Amy said.
"Thanks, Amy," Maya said as she gage the elderly woman a hug.
"Come in. Alan! We have guests," Amy said and the man came along.
"Son, welcome," Alan said as he greeted his son.

"You have no idea how long we have been trying to convince him to come. Any reason?" Amy asked and Joshaya looked at each other.
"Were engaged!" Joshaya said at once as Maya held her left hand up.
"Fantastic. Congratulations you guys."