three

After an hour of sharing ideas, failing multiple times and stopping for breaks, we finally had a fort.

We thought it was pretty good, but anyone else would've immediately took it down and given up.

"Bed time" Calum clapped out.

We all crawled into the fort, being as careful as we could be- knowing one bump would knock it down.
I laid between Michael and Calum, sharing a blanket with Calum, letting my head rest onto his chest.

Once I heard snoring- I assumed everyone was asleep and closed my eyes- preparing myself to sleep too, but I felt Calum move onto his side, pulling me more into him.

"You okay?" He whispered to me.

"Yes" I whispered back, feeling him playing with my hair gently.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked.

I did.

"Do you know why they're fighting?" I asked him.

He exhaled lightly.

"It's just a bunch of things bundling up over time, as soon as they're over it and happy again, one of them will sit down with you and talk about it." He assured me quietly.

"I don't want to be away from them for a week at a time" I mumbled.

"I know, it's going to suck, it'll be a lot to change to. But I know you can do it, and your mom and dad both love you more than anything in this entire world, if they have to, they'll be able to tolerate each other to spend time with you together." He spoke slowly.

"You'll keep my dad happy when I'm not here?" I asked, feeling him hold me a little tighter.

"Yes princess, we'll make sure he's happy."

"Thank you"

I woke up to the sound of the alarm going off- making all three of the guys sit up in unison.

We all listened in silence as the buttons were pushed, making the alarm go silent, the door locking sounding through the house.

So it had to have been someone we knew.

"Luke?" Ashton yelled out, each of the guys exchanging a glance.

"Yeah" his voice immediately spoke back.

"Jesus man, a warning text would've been nice" michael grumpily spoke, turning away from everyone, making me rub my eyes slowly.

I soon saw my dads amused head poke through the fort, a laugh coming from him.

"A fort?" He questioned slowly.

"A damn good fort." Ashton confirmed as he crawled in.

I clicked my phone, seeing that it was three in the morning.

"Can I join in on the cuddles?" He asked.

I immediately traded spots with Calum, laying between him and my dad, who immediately pulled me closer to him.

"You're all packed?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I was sleeping in your room, but she was still talking and shit so I left" he spoke tiredly.

I wrapped my arms around him, laying my head on his arm as he held me close.

I felt him place a firm kiss on my forehead and within minutes, I felt his body relax completely.

And I wasn't far behind him

I woke up to all four of the boy's alarms going off in unison.

I groaned lightly, hearing them all quickly stirring to stop the annoying sound.

"Morning" dad spoke to me after a moment, hugging my body into his own.

"Morning" I spoke back to him quietly, closing  my eyes into his embrace.

Soon everyone was getting up to go get ready for work, making me slowly trail behind.

I went into the guest bathroom, brushing the knots out of my hair and brushing my teeth.

I changed into leggings and my school's debate team long sleeve.
I put on a very little bit of make up and slipped on a pair of white vans before leaving the bathroom.

I went into the kitchen, seeing my dad fixing coffee.

"Hi pretty girl" he spoke once he saw me enter tiredly.

"Hi" I responded quietly.

"Want something for breakfast?" He offered me, going towards the pantry to look for options.

"I'm not hungry" I responded, knowing I hated breakfast foods in general.

"Water?" He asked, looking to me with his eyebrows raised.

"Sure" I gave in, knowing he would continually offer me things until I accepted one of them.

We soon went to the hospital together, the car filled with conversation and hums with the music.

"Sky, when did you tell me your first volleyball game is?" Calum asked me.

"Next Monday" I responded swiftly, watching them nod.

"What time?" Dad asked me quickly, his eyes widening, making me know- he had planned something.

"Around five-" I watched his head hit the back of his seat.

"What's wrong?" I asked quickly.

"I have a pacemaker replacement scheduled" he spoke, immediately rubbing his face.

I knew how hard it was for him to reschedule due to how booked he was on surgeries.

"That's okay" I spoke quietly.

"There's more games, and you've been to plenty- don't worry about it."