four

"I feel like a horrible dad-" "it's not a big deal" I spoke as we entered his office together.

"It's your first game of the season-" "and we have eight games all together" I spoke swiftly to him as I sat on his couch.

"Is your mom at-least going?" He asked me.

"I assume so" I shrugged with a smile, watching him nod slowly.

"I'll try and move the surgery earlier-" "don't stress, dad" I spoke to him firmly, watching him smile.

"I'll see what I can do" he sighed, pulling me into a hug.

"I have to go do rounds, you good here?" He asked.

"Yeah"

I did homework as he did his rounds.

Soon Michael ran in, groaning once he saw that Luke wasn't in here.

"Where's your Dad?" He shot to me.

"Rounds" I responded swiftly.

"That man takes fucking forever to do rounds, Jesus Christ" he complained before moving to sit beside me.

"What are you working on?" He asked, glancing to my notebooks.

"Anatomy" I mumbled back to him.

He watched me type and answer questions for several minutes, his head resting on my shoulder.

"You surely have your dads brain, I remember wishing I could be him in highschool and college- he never had to study, all this medical shit just came to him naturally, you seem to be the same way" he smiled, making me lean my head onto his.

"I just know a lot because you guys are constantly talking about it" I spoke to him, hearing him lightly laugh.

"That's a good point."

Soon my dad ran in, making Michael sit up.

"Hey" dad spoke swiftly, looking mainly for Michael.

"Hey, I need assistance on a knee replacement, shes in her late fifties with past heart complications" he spoke swiftly.

"What time?" Luke asked, making him look to his watch.

"Around four thirty-" "that's when court starts" he spoke, making me look to him, seeing him looking at me.

"Okay, I'll get Marcantel to join me-" "sorry man" my dad sighed lightly, sitting at his desk and rubbing his face slowly.

"No big deal, does Sky need to spend the night tonight too?" Michael asked.

Dad looked to me, and I knew he wanted to say yes, but he also didn't want to agree to anything without asking me in private.

"I don't think court will last that long, if anything could you guys just give her a ride to the courthouse once you get off, she can wait in my car or even in the lobby-" "how about we bring her to our house and you or Jessica can come pick her up once everything is done?" Michael suggested slowly.

"That's a better idea" Dad laughed lightly, nodding slowly.

"Sounds good"

Two hours later dad was hugging me goodbye, promising me that everything would work out.

"If I need to stay the night with the guys tonight, that's fine" I told him, wanting him to know that if they were upset or just wanted to be alone for tonight, I could stay with the guys.

"No, I'll either come home and be with you or your mom will come get you, but I'll text you whats happening" he spoke swiftly.

"Okay, I love you" I spoke to him, feeling him hug me yet again.

" I love you too, princess"

Calum.
five hours later.

"Ready to go, pretty girl?" I looked to Skylar as she finished typing one of her papers for school at my desk, giving me a nod before closing her computer.

I took her backpack from her once she had everything packed- which she knew was something I'll always do.

I wanted to show her how real men treat women that they love.

She held my arm as I led her out of the hospital and to the guys.

"Luke is still in court" Ashton spoke as we got outside, making Skylar go silent.

"Well, lets go get pizza and watch movies until they're done"

Michael drove, the car fairly silent, Skylar's head leaned against the window, staring to the city lights.

I felt for her, there's a lot going on in her life that was just recently thrown upon her.

She had a lot of emotions that I wasn't sure she knew exactly how to process. I made it a note to always urge her to talk about her feelings, no matter how upset.

We got home, us all going inside, where Ashton called in pizza, Skylar and Michael immediately starting an argument over what movie we were going to watch.

"That's such a boring movie" Skylar groaned lightly.

"It's history, Skylar- not everything is filled with punching walls and fights" Michael argued back.

"No one likes history" she rolled her eyes, the smile never leaving her mouth.

"Hey, I like-" "stop arguing over the movie" Ashton entered the room laughing.

"How about a funny movie, we could all use some laughter" I suggested, making Michael and Sky look to each other before immediately looking to our bundles of movies.

Soon they had picked a movie, the pizza had arrived and everyone was cuddled up on the couch, eating and focusing to the movie.

Just as everyone had calmed down, finished eating, and Skylar had just laid her head on my shoulder- Luke called.

"Hey" I paused the movie, answering him.

"She's got custody of Sky this week- I asked her to wait until tomorrow to get her, but I think she's still coming tonight, I'm trying to beat her there, try to stall if she gets to you before me, I want to be able to tell Skylar goodbye" he spoke at a fast pace.

"You got custody, right?" I spoke quickly- making all attention in the room shoot to me.

"Yes, it's fifty-fifty, but she just gets the first week starting today and ending Saturday evening." He spoke quickly.

"Okay, we'll stall for you, don't worry" I spoke to him.

"Thank man"

As soon as I hung up, I looked to Sky, seeing concern written on her face.

"Your mom and dad have equal custody, your mom just gets you first and your dad is worried about not being able to tell you goodbye." I explained slowly.

I watched her nod slowly

"Good"