twelve

I woke up to movement.

I looked, seeing my dad almost jump out of bed, immediately throwing a shirt on, grabbing several things off the dresser.

"Paged in?" I asked him tiredly, seeing him look to me.

"Yes, you can go sleep with one of the guys or stay in here until I get back, I love you" he spoke swiftly, kissing my forehead.

"Be safe" I mumbled to him.

"Will do, pretty girl"

As soon as he left I laid on my stomach, closing my eyes.

And then I heard the door open.

"You've slept on your stomach since you were a baby" Calum's voice almost whispered, the lightest laugh coming from him as he spoke.

I opened my eyes- looking to him.

"Why are you awake?" I asked him.

"Luke needed to borrow my car, I had to give him my keys" he spoke swiftly, making me slowly nod.

"Wanna come cuddle and watch movies with me?" He asked, making me instantly smile.

"Of course"

I followed him silently through the dark hallway, following Calum into his room, immediately getting into his bed as he grabbed his Firestick, going to Netflix.

"What do you want to watch, pretty girl?" He asked me.

I watched silently as he flipped through a few of the movies.

"Friends?" I spoke once he got to it.

"I was hoping you'd say that" he smiled, clicking it.

We covered up, laying close and watching the show.
"I missed you" he spoke as he hugged me, making me smile into his chest.

"I missed you all more" I sighed out.

"I don't believe that for a second" he spoke confidently

If he knew everything that I went through this week, he'd believe it.

Monday.

I walked into my dads office, seeing him at his desk, doing paperwork.

"I need help" I spoke.

"What's wrong?" He asked, glancing from his paperwork and to me.

"In physics, Mr.Gradney gave us the equation for gravity and told us-" I froze when I saw the papers he was reading.

Divorce terms.

"Ignore this, just talk about school" he spoke, pushing the papers out of the way, making me put my papers down in front of him.

"I was wondering if you understood exactly how to use the equation- I can't figure it out" I spoke, watching his eyes focus to my paper.

After several minutes of him working out the equation in different ways, he had an answer.

"Okay, so you just plug this number into this, and this into this, divide it and then you'll get your answer" he spoke, pointing it all out to me, making me slowly nod.

"Got it?" He asked.

"Yeah" I spoke, nodding as I took my papers from him.

I sat in the chair in front of his desk, using his desk to write the equations.

Halfway through an equation I watching him exhale, rubbing his eyes slowly.

"You okay?" I asked him quietly, seeing his eyes meet mine.

"Yes princess" he exhaled out, keeping his eyes on me, making me glance to the divorce papers.

"Your mother is just getting majority of the shit that I own." He spoke firmly.

"How's that fair?" I asked him.

I watched him shrug lightly
"She just had a damn good lawyer."

"But, I am selling the house, because I did get that- so plan on your mom buying a new house soon" he spoke slowly, making me slowly nod.

"Has your mom got a job yet?" He asked me.

"No, we just talked about it though so she should be looking." I told him, watching him nod slowly.

"Good, because the money I'm giving her is enough to buy you food and basic supplies and maybe pay her car bill, but she can't afford a house note, insurance and gas and such, she needs a job." He told me, making me nod in agreement.

I watched as he rubbed his face again.

I felt bad for him, all of this shit was going on, he was continually getting bad news.

"It's going to be okay" I assured him, seeing the smallest smile come onto his face as he looked to me.

"I know princess" he smiled.

"I just thank god that I have you."