twenty-nine

"Do you want to talk about the not so bad parts?" I asked her, not wanting to push her, but yet wanting her to have the opportunity.

"Can we go to sleep?" She asked me tiredly, blinking slowly.

"Yes princess, let's go to sleep."

I laid down with her, turning all the night off.

I felt her body soon fully relax, telling me that she was asleep.

I slowly got up, going back downstairs without waking her.

I sighed as I entered the living room, watching Michael and Ashton pause the game they were playing on the tv.

"She okay?" Calum was the first to ask.

"About as good as you'd expect" I mumbled, sitting in a recliner.

"I think I'm going to take the next week or two off of work to be with her, I'm not making her go to school unless she wants to-" "we can all take turns taking off so you don't wipe all of your leave away at the beginning of the year" Ashton suggested slowly, all the guys nodding in agreement.

They were so damn supportive.

"You guys-" I cut myself off, shaking my head and rubbing my face.

"The best family I've ever had."

"Speaking of family" Michael mumbled out.

"They want to come visit soon since they didn't come for Christmas or New Years- your mom is mad because you didn't call." He spoke.

"Been a little busy" I exhaled, managing to laugh.

"She understands, but still wants you to call- when should I tell them that they can come?"

We all pulled our calendars up on our phones.

We threw around a few different dates, talking about all of our plans.

"How about two weeks from now?" Michael asked, everyone slowly nodding- my schedule clear besides a few things for Skylar and two surgeries.

"That next week we have to travel to San Diego" I remembered- immediately feeling the stress of not knowing where Skylar would stay.

She was supposed to stay with her mother, but someone preferred to be a bitch.

"How about we make your brothers or like Mali stay that next week to stay with her?" Calum suggested, which was a smart idea that I would've never thought of.

Skylar loved Mali, Jack and Ben.

Maybe it would cheer her up a little bit.

Michael confirmed the dates, texting his family as the other three of us did the same, myself texting Jack and Ben in a separate groupchat about staying the next week.

And soon we were all saying our goodnights, going upstairs.

I walked into my room- seeing Skylar on her belly, out cold.

I plugged in my phone beside her own, getting into my bed slowly- trying not to wake her up.

But I knew I failed when I heard her gasp, felt her body turn off of her stomach in one swift motion and her hands collided with my chest solidly- almost hurting.

"It's me, it's your dad- it's me" I told her calmly, feeling her immediately draw her hands away.

"Sorry- I'm sorry- the bed just felt the same as when he got on top of me, and I tripped out- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you so hard" she spoke at a fast pace, never slowing down.

"It's okay, I should've woke you up before I got in, I'm sorry I scared you." I spoke back to her calmly.

I watched her scoot over, allowing me to lay down, where she immediately laid her head on my arm.

I kissed her head, closing my eyes as I did it, thanking God for her, she's my saving grace.

"I love you, Dad" she mumbled as I felt her arms tuck themselves under the sheets, her hands resting against my chest.

"I love you more, Sky"