fourteen

"How was the soccer game?" He asked me, trying his best to make conversation.

I answered his question with one thing

Crying.

"Woah- I'm sorry- I didn't mean-" "no- no, ignore me" I cried out, trying to stop, trying to just wipe my tears and hold this shit until I could get into my bathroom.

"No, it's okay to cry, I just don't want it to be over something I said-" "no, it's just a bad night and I'm about to start my period- I'm sorry" I cried into my hands, wiping my tears with my hoodie sleeves, trying my hardest to compose myself.

"Don't apologize, it's really okay, do you want me to take you to the hospital so you don't have to be alone?" He asked me.

"No thank you, I'd rather be alone right now, can you just- please not mention this to any of the guys?" I asked him, seeing him send me a few worried glances.

"Y-yeah, sure, but promise me that you're okay." He spoke firmly.

"I'm fine, I promise- just hormonal."

He walked into the house with me, watching me drop my bag at the door.

"You need to try and stay off that ankle- I don't know what you did to it, but it looks like a bad sprain, ice it for fifteen minutes before you go to sleep and keep it elevated" he spoke swiftly, his eyes never leaving my ankle.

"I will, thank you" I nodded to him.

"I know we just met, but I know people don't normally have crying spells for no reason, need a hug?" He asked.

I did need a hug.

I walked into his hug, feeling him hug me tightly, his head almost resting on top of my own.

"Thank you" I exhaled, seeing him smile as he pulled away.

"Lock this door and turn the alarms on once I shut the door, the guys she be home in about an hour, they'll text you- have a good night, okay?" He spoke to me, making me smile.

"You too, thank you again."

I locked the door once he shut it, pushing the button to turn the alarm on.

I looked to the stairs before glancing back to my ankle, deciding that I would sleep on the couch tonight.

I showered in our guest shower, throwing on a pair of shorts and a random t-shirt that I assumed was my dads.

I brushed my teeth and grabbed a blanket before getting ice and a few pillows, laying on the couch and putting on Friends.

I elevated my ankle, laying the ice over the swollen area, throwing a blanket over my legs before falling back completely.

Luke.

"You're fucking kidding." I spoke to Michael as soon as he told me that Jessica wasn't able to bring Skylar home.

"Nope, I had to call Harry mid-surgery and ask him to get her." He spoke, instantly pissing me off.

"Did she at least have an excuse?" I asked quickly.

"Said she was ill and throwing up." He spoke, making each of us exchange a 'I'm so sure' look.

As we got into the car, Ashton driving, Michael spoke again.

"Harry texted ten minutes ago and said that she's home and everything is locked, he said she was in an emotional mood though" he spoke, glancing to me.

"Emotional?" I questioned.

"That's what he said" he shrugged back to me.

"Like- she cried?" I asked him.

"He just said emotional, Luke"

I hadn't seen Skylar actually cry- like a legit breakdown in probably three years.

Yes, she would shed tears here and there, but other than that- she knew other ways to cope with her feelings, and as long as she was mentally stable and able to talk about her feelings- we let her cope that way.

We thankfully got hope fairly fast, I was the first inside, turning the alarm off before dropping my bag beside her soccer bag, immediately seeing the living room tv lighting up the dark room.

We all followed each other in silently- looking to my angel- sleeping, out cold on the couch.

"Poor thing is exhausted." Calum spoke, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"We have ankle issues" michael spoke- lifting her blanket to reveal that she was icing her ankle.

"Great" I whispered, standing beside him as he took the ice off- examining her swollen and already bruising ankle.

He touched near the joint of her ankle, waking her instantly from a deep sleep- causing her to sit up and pull her ankle from him in one motion.

"Woah- relax sky" he spoke before anyone else could.

"It's just us, let me look" Michael spoke slowly.

"It's just a sprain" you could hear the tiredness in her voice as she let him touch her again- this time he was a little more careful and light with his touches.

"You rolled it, thats why it's bruising." He spoke after a moment.

"No practice tomorrow for sure, I don't know that I want your running on it Monday either" he spoke.

"We don't have practice tomorrow anyway" she spoke, leaning against the couch, watching him and I as we focused to her ankle still.

"You can skip school tomorrow, I'll get you an excuse- you need to keep as much weight off of it as you can" I spoke, expecting her to argue- she hated skipping school, because she always ended up being behind everyone else.

But this time I got a swift "thank you."

"Everything okay?" I asked her once the three guys had left the room to go get showers

She nodded to me, making me look to her harder.

"The game went good?" I asked

"We lost and it was my fault" she mumbled, making me instantly angry

I hate when she blames herself for group activities- she wasn't the only one to fuck up an entire game.

"You know that's not true, what happened, Babygirl?"