eleven

I laid my head in my dads lap as Ashton drove, the car filled with angry rants from each of the boys.

"Doesn't even give a fuck that it's still her week and her daughter has severe food poisoning" my dad ranted, his hand continually touching my forehead or wrists, checking for fever and my pulse.

We got to the hospital, Calum holding my arm as he led us inside, going straight to an ER room.

"Bed please, pretty girl" Calum spoke, making me immediately sit on the bed as I watched him snap gloves on, Ashton getting out the fluids and the IV.

I watched as Calum wiped my arm for a second.

"Look to your dad- small pinch" Calum spoke, and I immediately felt the sting of the needle.

I felt him putting tape over it as my dad held my hand tightly, watching what he was doing.

"I would say an hour on fluids and we can go home" Calum spoke, sitting beside me in bed, making me lean my head onto his shoulder.

"Feeling better?" He asked me, making me slowly nod.

As long as I didn't feel the need to throw up again- I would be fine.

"What friends took your mom to that restaurant?" Dad asked me, never letting go of my hand.

"Dylan, Antonio, Kansas, Macy- and like two others" I mumbled the names out to him.

"I don't even know them- how did your mom meet them-" "I don't know" I answered him, pulling his arm lightly to try to make him sit to where he would calm down and get less angry.

"Jesus Christ" he exhaled, finally sitting in a chair beside the bed like I wanted.

After a good few minutes of silence, Ashton spoke.

"How was your week overall?" He asked.

"Not bad, I just went to school and did homework" I shrugged lightly.

"Got good grades?" Dad asked, his tired face looking to me.

"Yeah- only one B in physics, but that's the worst" I mumbled, watching him nod slowly.

Right as he opened his mouth to speak again- the door opened, the man I knew as their chief of surgery looking to all of us.

"What happened?" He asked quickly.

"She got food poisoning and dehydrated" Calum explained slowly, making him nod- seeming relieved.

"I saw her name on a chart and thought something bad happened because I knew her mom had her, I just wanted to be sure she was good" he exhaled.

"She's fine, thank you" Dad nodded quickly.

"If you guys need anything, let me know- other than that, have a good weekend." He spoke swiftly.

"Thank you" each of them spoke in unison, making him leave.

Soon Calum was taking my IV out, Luke was signing discharge papers and Ashton was leading me out of the hospital.

"Sleepy?" Michael asked me as soon as I laid my head on his shoulder, Dad driving us home.

I hummed lightly, feeling his own head lay on top of mine.

As soon as we got home, I ran upstairs and showered, getting into shorts and a big t shirt.

I went to my Dad's room- hearing that he was showering.

I got into his bed- knowing the extra 'guest room', which would soon be labeled as my room didn't have a bed yet.

But I didn't mind

I covered up, plugging my phone up and letting myself finally relax

Just as I felt myself falling asleep- the bathroom door opened and I heard my Dad's humming.

I kept my back towards him- hearing the humming immediately stop as he tried to quietly walk to my side of the bed- smiling once he saw my eyes open.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, drying his hair with his towel.

"No" I lied, rubbing my eyes lightly, seeing his smile increase.

"I think that's a lie" he spoke, bending to kiss my cheek gently before returning to the bathroom.

"I love you, princess" I heard him say as I closed my eyes again.

"I love you too, dad"