Chapter 7 - The arrival

Maya's P.O.V

The flight is only an hour so by 3:15 we had all our luggage and was heading out the airport to our cab.

"Man! It's just like I remember it," Xavier said too excited

"What'd you expect Xavier? For all of Boston to change in three years?"

"Well no but at least have some new things,"

"Xavier, Boston has been the same for almost ten years. They add very little things to make it new,"

"Yea I know. Did you call Mom?"

"Nah, you know me, I don't like to call people unless its pulling all-nighters. I texted her saying we arrived, but knowing her she'll be calling in three... two... one,"

*Mama. Mama you know I love you. Mama. Mama you're the queen of my heart. Your love is like tears from the stars. Mama I just want you to know. Lovin' you is like food to my soul.*

"Boys II Men, really?" Xavier laughed.

"Shut up twerp it's a classic," I ignored his laughing and answered my phone, "Hello?"

"You're there?" Mom asked.

"Yes Mom, we're here. That's what the text message said,"

"Don't be rude. Why couldn't you just call?"

"Because Mom, I don't like talking on the phone and we were getting our luggage so I was busy and didn't want to miss our stuff,"

"Yea yea sure, where are you now?"

"We're in the cab heading over to Grams house right now,"

"Okay. Make sure you have everything and don't give your grandmother a hard time,"

"Okay Mom, I have to go now. I'll call you when we get to Grams,"

"Okay, tell your brother to behave,"

"Okay," and with that I hung up. "Mom said behave,"

"Yea yea," Xavier said rolling his eyes.

I slapped his head, "I mean it pipsqueak, if your get on my nerves your summer will be hell,"

"Okay, I get it. Sheesh, don't have to slap my head," he said rubbing where I hit him. Good, now he knows who's in charge.

** thirty minutes later **

We were both on our cellular devices and before we knew it-

"Ma'am, we've arrived," Taxi driver man said.

"Don't call me ma'am, I'm seventeen. How much?" I said and asked rather annoyed.

"Err, sorry. That'll be twenty-five dollars," He muttered out timidly. I'm glad I scared him.

"Here," I got out the taxi. I made sure he parked a few houses away so we could have the aliment of surprise, "Get out and grab your things doofus,"

"K," Xavier said absentmindedly.

We grabbed our suitcases and walked the few yards to Grams place. We walked up the back porch silently and left our things there. I peeped inside and everyone was in the living room, completely oblivious to us. I opened the screen door quietly and we slipped in. I then walked to the living room-

"Well don't you all look bored and lonely. Has electronics really become this much of a problem?"

They all looked up from the electronics-

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" Olivia screamed and jumped on me.

"Dude what are you doing here?" Hakeem asked Xavier.