Chapter 14 - Memories and Skye's house

*Wednesday July 17th*

Maya's P.O.V

I want you back... I want you back... I want you back...

Keith's words kept replaying over and over again in my mind.

"Maya, are you okay?" Xavier asked me.

We were at an old playground that I used to take him to when we were kids. 

"Yea, I'm fine..." I said.

I lay back in the grass and stared up into the sky looking at the clouds. Suddenly I was 10 years old again here with Xavier who was 8. I could just see it...

*flashback*

"Xavier Delarosa be careful or else we're going right back home!" I yelled at the over energetic 8 year old.

"Okay Maya, I promise I'll be careful" He said jumping from monkey bar to monkey bar.

He was so happy and nothing could break his spirit. In that moment, my little brother was infinite.

"Maya, come chase me... 1, 2, 3, not it! You see, now you're it so you have to!" he yelled.

I rolled my eyes, "The things I do for you," then I got up and began to chase the little squirt.

"You can't catch me! I'm too fast for you! I'm like dash from The Incredibles!" he yelled running and ducking through tiny paces.

I laughed at his reference, "You're cheating! I can't fit in those little spaces!"

"Duhh Maya! It's not cheating, it’s playing smart!"

"I taught you far too well, come here!"

"Na-na-na-na-na-na! You can't catch me,"

I hid in a spot where I knew he couldn't see me. Then as he walked right in front of me trying to find me, I jumped out and grabbed him!

"Gotcha squirt!"

He laughed and laughed. We continued to play for about two hours.

*flashback over*

I wiped the few tears from my eyes. I remember those days. Things were easy back then.

"Hey Xavie?"

"Yea May?"

"1, 2, 3... Not it!" I yelled & started to run.

Xavier chuckled and chased after me yelling, "You're gonna get it Maya Delarosa!"

*few hours later*

"He told you he was still in love with you!? Oh my gherd! What did you say!?" Skye asked as I finished telling her about my date with Keith.

"I didn't say anything; he just said it & drove away. The date was perf until that. I stood outside for like 15 minutes just staring at nothing." I answered.

"Oh my gosh! So like, do you feel the same or what?"

"No! I mean, I don't know... maybe? Uggghhhh! It’s like... he was my last boyfriend that I was really really into. Like I've dated a few in LA but Keith was my everything. We were best friends before we dated remember? So like... I still love him of course, but I don't think I'm in love with him. He's always been there for me. Even with me living in LA."

"So the answer is no because now he's more like a brother to you & you're in love with Elliot,"

"WHAT!? I never ... what!? Who said ..." *sighs* "I don't have feelings for Keith anymore you're right. But being in love with Elli? He's my best friend. You see where that's gotten me Keith... need I remind you about Nigel... or maybe Jared??"

"MAYA! SHUT UP FOR ONCE & LISTEN! You love this boy, you are in love with him and he's in love with you. You're about to graduate high school & start your life. He's been waiting for you since freshman year. People aren't just going to be coming to you like this & wait for you to come around with your decision. I love you you've always been like a sister to me more than a cousin. But be honest with yourself. Or with the boys who want you,"

"Boys? I just told you I don't like Keith that way & my feelings for Elliot are there I'm just scared. So who do mean my boys because you're making it sound like more than just them?"

"Umm, well you see umm... James&Alexarebothgoingtobeheretomorrow because Jesse is having one of his little parties of guys..."

"JAMES & ALEX!? ARE YOU CEREAL!?!? I haven't spoken to them in forever! James dissed me & I hated him but these feelings come whenever I see his face but I know he doesn't feel the same! & then Alex... Alex stopped talking to me after things went south... I... GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!"

"I only found out a few hours before you came. I tried calling but you didn't answer,"

"I know, I know. It's not your fault. Umm... I have a headache. I'm going to watch all 3 transformers & call it a night..."

"Okay, night May,"

*** 6 and a half hours later; 4am Thursday July 18th" ***

"So he told you he loved you?"

"Yes, but I don't feel the same. & now later on today I'm gonna be seeing James and Alex which I really don't want to see. I know something bad is going to happen I just know it..."

Elliot's P.O.V

I listened to her as she explained everything to me. I was gassed she didn't feel the same about Keith. That was one less boy I had to worry about. But what about James & Alex? She says she doesn't want to see them but yet why do I feel as if she's only saying that to make herself believe it. She's always been that way.

"May, if you want. I can come & stay by you so you don't have to be alone with them,"

"No its fine. I'm gonna catch some sleep now. I'll see you Friday. Goodnight Elli,"

She hung but I still whispered "Goodnight my love,"

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/n - So it’s been a while & honestly this chapter is another filler. The chapters aren't going to be as long anymore because I can't seem to come up with as many details as I used to. My motivation to write this book ended a while ago but I will finish it for all who want to know who Maya chooses. Let me know what you guys think. I honestly get no feedback & that annoys me -____- BIG NEWS! NO SEQUAL! But I have another book I may or may not begin. I NEED FEEDBACK & FOLLOWERS! But anyway you guys know what to do

Fan

Vote

Comment

-Neverlander_xo