~☆Chapter 14☆~

1 4

B O O K B A G

Status: Unedited

══════◄••❀••►══════

Izuku sat down on the living room sofa, rubbing his temples. "Y-you got hurt. . ." He whispers, his voice shattering. "A-and I w-wasn't there to h-help you--!" I threw my arms around my adoptive brother, almost compressing the life out of him. I said nothing, not that the nonexistent conversation demanded it, as my actions spoke louder than my words. Izuku almost immediately held back, trembling like a puppy. We lay there, brother and sister entangled in each other's arms, nothing more than the careful undertones from the television as the pair strayed off into a dreamless sleep.

══════◄••❀••►══════

As both me, Uraraka, and Izuku sped down the halls, our strides fell into place as we trod towards the classroom. I was spacing in and out of the conversation, my mind blanking to Yuki, per usual. When I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I looked up, swirling around, my (H/C) hair hindering my view for a split second before my eyes locked with heterochromatic ones, full of concern, which was poorly masked.

"Can I talk to you?" Shouto inquired.

"Sure." I turned to Uraraka and Izuku, nodding to them before following Shouto back the way we had just come, twisting past students as we made our way to the stairwell. Slowly but surely, the hallway becoming consistently less crowded as more students arrived at their classrooms.

"What's up, Shouto?" I queried, tilting my head slightly, nervously chewing on the inside of my lip.

"I didn't get the chance to ask you..." He murmured, eyes locked onto yours. "Are you doing okay?"

I nodded, not completely understanding what he was asking. "Y-yeah? If you're talking about the villain thing, I swear, the cuts I got from that already recovered." I laughed, feeling the atmosphere lighten slightly, though he didn't seem to feel better.

"That's not what I meant." He said, more silence beginning to fill the stairwell as he stood there, eyes glued to mine. "Are you well, psychologically? Mentally?"

I flinched at his wording. No one other than blood, adoptive or pure, and Yuki has ever cared to ask me if I was okay. My breathing hitched, my teeth skimming a piece of my flesh, the metallic taste of blood spilling over my tongue, the taste vile. "I-" I began to answer, but held myself.

He looked at me, eyes pleading me to continue, though he said nothing, patiently waiting for me to continue my sentence. "I'm okay. Physically and mentally." I gave him a closed eye smile, though the indifferent look was still the only vain reaction I received.

"You're lying." He responds coldly, pacing forward, his arms slamming into place beside my head on the wall, pinning me there. "What's wrong?"

"Shouto..." I breathed, feeling my face heat up at his actions. He let out an exasperated sigh, backing up and walking back up the stairs and towards the class. "Sho...uto.." I beckoned, my voice merely a whisper. He turned to me, his hair suddenly interesting as it turned with him, the strands almost physically avoiding his face.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" He inquired.

I was silent for a second, questioning why I wanted with all my heart to trust him and to allow myself to care about him, especially after what happened to Yuki. "Thank you..." I finally managed, looking up to him, a surprised expression bound on his features, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "For caring."

══════◄••❀••►══════

"Hey! (Y/N)!" Uraraka ran up to me after class, hands clenched into fists cheerfully in front of her, her brows furrowed determinedly. "Wanna eat lunch with us?!"

"Don't I always?" I asked, confused by her words.

"Good! Now help us convince Todoroki to join us!" She grabs my hand and pulls me from my seat, dragging me out of the classroom, my bag tumbling to the ground behind me as we raced down the empty hallways. "W-Wait! My bag!" I yelped as I was dragged away against my will, my shoes squeaking across the ground as I struggled, though giving up as I found Izuku did nothing to help me.

══════◄••❀••►══════

"Here." Someone murmured, my bag being placed next to me, Shouto sitting beside me, the sound of his tray sliding onto the table ripping me from my thoughts.

"Ah! My bag! Thanks, Shouto!" I giggled, scooting over slightly to allow him more room.

Uraraka, Iida, and Tsuyu stared in shock that he sat at the table willingly, and without any begging on your part.

"No problem," He smiled slightly. "You know... I was yet within the classroom when you hauled her away, Uraraka." Shouto comments, already beginning to eat his lunch.

"A-Ah," Uraraka sweatdrops, my glare digging into her downcast face. Iida patted her back, letting out a chuckle as he began to finish eating. "Sorry, (Y/N)!" She giggled nervously.

"You will be. You will be." I waved my hand as she began to panic. "But seriously. We need to be ready for those exams." I said, taking a bite of (Favorite Lunch).

"Well well well! If it isn't Class 1A! Having trouble with the exams--" Monoma was immediately karate chopped in the back of the neck, Kendo swooping in.

"Sorry about him!" She giggles, Throwing him over her shoulder. "Here. One of my Third Year friends said they fought robots during their exams." Kendo says, Monoma piping up, anger evident in his expression and voice.

"Kendo! That was our high ground--"

"It's not like its much of a secret." She turns to us, smiling as she began to walk away, Monoma whining. "I'll see ya around, Hero Course kids!"

After she left, I turned to the rest of the group, smiling devilishly. "I like her."

◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆

(A/N)

 had writers' block for this chapter.

-Toga~San