~☆Chapter 19 (Internships PT 3)☆~

◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆

1 9

D O  Y O U  T R U S T  M E ?

══════◄••❀••►══════

You whirled around, slamming your elbow into the figure behind you. He grunted, rolling to the side and swinging his legs under yours. You let out a surprised squeak, tumbling to the ground. The figure swung at you, but just before his fist made contact with your face, you grabbed his arm and flung him over you.

Both breathing heavily, Aizawa stepped back inside the ring. "The two of you did great." Shinsou let out an audible, annoyed growl.

"I find this unfair. She's part of the hero course." Shinsou panted between breaths, pushing himself to sit on his knees.

You heaved a sigh, pushing yourself up to sit beside Shinsou. "Just because I'm in the hero course doesn't mean shit."

"Language, Y/N." Aizawa spat harshly.

"What?! If Bakugo can curse, why can't I?" You yelled, getting to your feet.

Aizawa sighed. "You're certainly not Bakugo." He said, holding out a hand to his other intern who grabbed it, allowing the tired-looking teacher to pull him up to his feet.

"Well, what are you doing here, Aizawa Sensei?" You asked, oddly curious. He told the two of you had the entire day to spar, so you were gladly taking advantage of it. He had said he was going to take a nap, but that obviously wasn't the case. "I thought you were sleeping...?"

"Quite the opposite." He said in that same sleep-deprived voice of his. "Sorry for such short notice, but we're going on patrol."

Excitement bubbled in your stomach at his words. This was something quite exciting for you, seeing as you had been locked up tight these past few, torturous months.

"Really?" You asked, almost not believing his words.

"Yeah. Hurry up and suit up before I change my mind." He said, leaving both you and Shinsou to your own devices.

You jumped out of the sparring ring you had already spent hours in and ran out the door, nearly slipping past your door and into a wall. Grabbing the doorframe to keep from doing so, you slammed the door open, caring none for the possible damage caused.

You changed rather quickly, your adrenaline already pumping through your veins. You skidded out of your room, this time unable to stop yourself from slamming into the hallway wall just beyond your door.

Groaning, you closed your door and rubbed your now sore forehead before taking off down the hallway once again.

Oh how wonderful this would be! Finally able to let loose for once. In all honesty, you could hardly wait to tell Shouto all about what would happen that day.

Much wasn't to be expected, of course. The city wasnt crawling with villains to begin with. Crooks, perhaps, but most are smart enough to know of how many heroes roam the streets unseen; Hidden by the shadows they had once hidden in themselves.

Catching your breath, you slid in beside Aizawa as he waited lazily beside the lobby doors, his usual attire all to familiar.

Mere minutes later, Shinsou walked into the lobby, his surprisingly tactical hero suit equipped. "Let's get going. Missy's going to have a hissy fit if I'm not back in time to feed her." He spoke as if he feared his own fluffy feline.

The warm, afternoon sun flared through the uncovered windows.

"You two get ready," Aizawa said, an almost legit tinge of caution and worry in his voice. "Because for all I know, I could be dragging you into a living Hell."

══════◄••❀••►══════

As Aizawa hopped along the rooftops ahead of you, you stayed beside Shinsou and out of sight above him, ducking behind signs and hopping across the rooftops of local stores; Some of which you yourself were familiar with.

Evening crawled in, pinks mixing with the multitude of oranges and yellows that blared in the sky.

Shinsou blended in rather well below, though after a few seconds of observing the boy, it wasnt hard to tell he was a hero.

Your eyes glided over the sea of civilians going about their every day life, children running along the sidewalk while their mothers chased after them in a fuss. Friends chattered at outdoor tables, cups of who the hell knows what in their hands. They dared not to think of the horrors that may lie just out of sight.

Aizawa fell into place beside you, his black eyes watching Shinsou's every move with caution. "Anything ahead, EraserHead?" You asked, hopping over the ledge of a taller building and rolling to the flat rooftop of another.

"Not as far as I can see, but keep your eyes peeled." He said, sliding his goggles up to rest on his hairline, the glass reflecting the setting sun. "You never know."

You continued on your way until the buildings became unclimbable for you. You slipped into the crowd, tailing behind Shinsou as the crowds of people slowly began to trickle to a few people every so often.

After awhile, you noticed a peculiar person seemed to be trailing you and Shinsou. You began to walk ahead of him, the young hero shooting you a look of pure confusion.

Aizawa seemed to have spotted the supposed stalker, too, relaying the message to the oblivious Shinsou. He pulled out his phone as Aizawas voice connected into both of your bluetooth earpieces, instructing you both to turn in seperate directions of each other.

Making due with what you had, Shinsou turned into a side street whilst you continued along the main path: Straight ahead.

The persuiter didn't dare falter, his gaze locked onto you. Unfortunately for you, a crosswalk seemed to materialize before you. Though, perhaps you were to lost in thought to notice.

You subconsciously pressed the button, your heart thumping in your chest as the man was now just beside you. Every second that ticked by felt like an eternity as you both waited for the light to flicker to white.

When it did, the man merely continued forward, not sparing a glance towards you. You followed behind him, turning into a side street and finding my way onto the shingled roofs.

The evening, before you knew it, had morphed into a cold night, the sky dark with clouds and dark blue hues.

I flung myself onto the roof of a familiar ice cream parlor where Aizawa awaited my return. Shinsou sat beside him, drawing on the concrete roof with a lone rock, his expression bored.

"Are we done for the night?" You asked, kneeling down beside Shinsou. Your mind was still on the unknown figure that had been following you minutes before. EraserHead nodded, looking over the side of the building.

Almost on que, the older heroes phone rung. As he answered it, you allowed your mind to wonder to your surroundings as the lights of houses flickered off, those locked away in their homes retiring for the night.

"What?!" Aizawas voice snapped you away from your unfocused thoughts. "They did what?" The obviously irritatated teacher hung up on the caller, his eyes almost challenging himself to throw the device.

"EraserHead? What happened?" Shinsou asked, just as oddly curious as you were.

"Hosu was attacked." You felt your stomach drop, knowing Iida was supposed to be interning in the city full of trouble. "Nomus everywhere."

"Is everyone okay?" You asked, an obvious urgency in your voice.

He sighed, rubbing his temples in agitation. "Buildings destroyed and as far as I know, no fatalities..." He said, though continued speaking. "But Iida, Midoriya, and Todoroki managed to win in combat with The Hero Killer: Stain."

"They did what?!"

══════◄••❀••►══════

Sorry if the ending feels a little rushed its five in the morning.

Super tired <3

With Love,
Toga~San!

Word Count: 1300
◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆