~☆Chapter 17 (Internships PT 1)☆~

◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆

1 7

L E T    T H E    G A M E S    B E G I N

══════◄••❀••►══════

I slid in beside Izuku and Uraraka, a giddy smile on my adoptive brother's face as he turned away from the already blushing brunette, "Hey." I grinned snidely. "What were you two talking about?"

Izuku immediately began waving his arms around him animatedly, face flushing red. 
"I-It's not l-l-like that!?" He defended himself as we walked into the classroom. I noticed Shouto sitting at his desk whilst his nose was buried in the plentiful pages of internship opportunities he had received during the Sports Festival.

Of course, me not being there was an automatic exclusion from the internships. It gave me an entire week to lounge around and do whatever I wanted before I was due for the return to U.A.

Shouto looked up ever so slightly as I strode over to him and looked over his shoulder, carefully reading the small print. I noted multiple well-known heroes such as Midnight and Edgeshot. He looked over his shoulder, moving the paper just enough so I could finish with the rest of the list.

I looked at him, urging him to flip to the next page. He did as I had silently pleased, flipping to the next page in the pamphlet. Once again, I read over the multitude of familiar names on the page. I made a small sound at the sight of his father's hero name written down. He followed my gaze, an unsurprised look passing over his once calmed features. I sighed, leaning back in my seat and tapping my pencil on the corner of my desk.

Shouto glanced over his shoulder, seemingly confused by your sudden anger. "Is something the matter?" He questions, taking the second to set the stapled papers.

I shook my head, laughing slightly. "No, Nothing! Just..." I clicked my tongue. "It unnerves me that Endeavor offered you an internship..." I murmured, resting my head in my arms. My hair curled over my shoulders. "It's counterproductive, and there's no way you would..." I look at him, eyes burning into his own. "No, You would."

He was quiet for a second before he nods. "Yes. My father's offer is probably the best opportunity I have to learn how to control my fire." I looked up at him, eyes widening.

"You're willing to learn?" I asked, smiling slightly. "I... As long as you're happy with your choices! I'm glad you're taking the steps to accept who you are as an entirety!" My mood lightened, a smile on my face. "If this is what you want, I support you all the way!" I slammed my hands down on the desk, standing up and shining a closed eye grin.

Shouto swore his heart was gonna burst. Something about the determination in your voice and your excitement just made his heartbeat pounding in his ears. His face began to heat up, and he couldn't help but look away. A sudden shyness arose in his stomach, making the blush in his cheeks rise. Much to his surprise, small sparks of flame ignited on his uniform.

"S-Shouto?! You're on fire!" I squeaked, patting out the small, hot flames that burned at his uniform. His eyes blanked away, the blush on his face slowly dying down along with the small flames you patted out along his shoulders. "Are you okay?" I ask, sitting back down in my seat.

He nodded, eyes not meeting my own. "Yeah. I'm fine." I nodded. The bell rang and the rest of the unseated class rushed to their empty seats. Just in the nick of time, too. Aizawa slammed the door open and began talking, explaining about our internships.

══════◄••❀••►══════

"Y/N," Aizawa called, snapping me out of my daydreaming as I followed Izuku out of the class. "Stay for a second." He said evidently, slumping in the chair he now resided in.