~☆Chapter 20 (Internships PT 4)☆~

◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆

2 0

H O S P I T A L V I S I T

══════◄••❀••►══════

Nurses called your name as you stormed down the hospital hallways, eyes flickering from room number to room number in a vain attempt to find the one labeled 1-11. Numbers and doors sped past like fire, the inscription carved in the labels becoming almost unrecognizable from how much you saw them.

Whirling around a corner, your eyes caught sight of the familiar letters the receptionist had provided for you when you had first arrived. Taking a deep breath, you knocked on the door.

"C-Come in!" Izuku's familiar, cheery voice invited you inside. Slamming open the door, you glared at the trio inside.

Immediately, Izuku opened his mouth in an attempt to defend his hide. "W-Wait, Y/N! Before you do anything r-rash, just l-listen!" He sputtered the words as you strode in, the door clicking closed behind you.

Shouto's eyes flickered to meet yours, the beauty of his heterochronic eyes filled with guilt. "Hello, Y/N." He said, running a hand through his duel colored hair.

Before Izuku could finish his panicked stuttering, you had already enveloped the boy in a hug, a few tears pricking at your eyes. "What w-were you thinking, going out and fighting him?! Don't any of you know how fucking dangerous that was?!" You said, squeezing the boy in your arms. All was silent aside from your sniffling, the trio of boys swimming in the guilt that they had worried you so.

"I'm sorry, Y/N...!" Izuku himself began to tear up, holding you even tighter than before; Not like that was even possible. "I-I wasn't thinking... I won't d-do it again..."

You pulled away from him, brushing a few strands of H/C hair from your face. "Don't lie to me." You said, wiping away a few stray tears. "We both know you would have done it again if you had the chance."

He just laughed, the mood in the room lightening ever so slightly. "And you two..." You turned around to face the other two boys in the room. Iida immediately stood up, bowing.

"I am truly sorry, Midoriya-San! It was my fault for going off on my own and with such reckless abandon!" You let out a strained laugh, getting to your feet.

Ruffling his hair, you spoke again. "Just don't do it again. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of you guys." You sniffled. Besides you and Izuku being the only two in the room who know what was truly hidden behind those words of yours, Iida nodded with a sharp grin.

"Of course."

Now you turned to Shouto, though his gaze avoided yours. You walked up to him and without a second thought, wrapped your arms around him. He, with a grain of hesitation, hugged back almost immediately. It almost seemed as if your touch was something he craved, holding you close to him as if you were going to disappear in a cloud of smoke.

After the two of you pulled away, you just laughed. "Why is it fair for you to get yourself in trouble, but when I do it, you have a hissy fit?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he just stared at me with those brilliant heterochromic eyes of his. "Hey, Izuku?" You turned to face him. "When are you guys being released?" You asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. We're all still waiting for the report from Iida's doctor about his arm." You looked at the discount Sonic.

Tilting your head, you spoke. "Why? What happened to his arm?" You asked.

"Actually, about that, Midoriya..." Iida said. "I did get it back."

The reaction was immediate."Wahh?! Well? Are you okay?" Izuku burst out, his emerald eyes trained on the red ones of the boy. He shook his head with a solemnness a mother would have when disappointed in a child for crashing an expensive car.

"No. She said I might ever be able to use it again." Everything went silent, all of our eyes were glued on the male.

"What?!"

══════◄••❀••►══════

"Y/N." Shouto called your name as you started down the hospital hallways. You whirled around, smiling.

"What's up, Shouto?" You asked, walking up to him. He looked away for a second, rubbing the back of his neck with an unusual nervousness.

"I-I'm sorry for worrying you..." He said finally. You laughed, wrapping your arms around the usually stoic boy. He hugged back without hesitation.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you guys are safe..." You pulled away, surprised to be greeted by a small smile.

"I promise I won't worry you again." He said, cupping your cheeks. In response to his actions, you felt them warm up which, to you, were unusually high temperatures.

You chuckled, surprisingly melting into the warmth and chill of his hands. "I know that's a lie... you boys will never stop worrying me. Especially when you get into danger."

Shouto's eyebrows furrowed. "Then I wont get into anymore trouble." If your cheeks could heat up any more, they would easily be able to melt through metal like a heated knife to butter.

"W-what?" Your eyes had widened, staring at the heterochromic ones of the boy before you.

"I won't get into any more trouble so you don't have to worry about me." He repeated his words as if you hadn't heard him. It truly felt as if you didn't, seeing as such emotional words were unusual- especially for him.

You smiled. "No, I know what you said, Shouto. I-I guess I was just taken back by it."

"Why? Isn't it proper that you ensure the people you care about don't worry about you?" Your heart began to flutter in your chest at his words. Even though he didn't seem to be trying to give you a heart attack, his words sounded so genuine.

"W-what do you mean by that, Shou?" You sputtered, cursing yourself for such. Your blush seemed almost too obvious​ for him to be ignorant about it.

"It means," he removed his hands from your cheeks, his lips coming in contact with the soft skin. "That I care about you." His smile seemed to brighten the hallways as he pulled away from you. God. If the sun wasn't enough, now you have the beautiful, smiling face of Todoroki before you. It was almost breathtaking.

You felt your heart stop, swearing all your blood had drained to your cheeks as they felt like they had been caught aflame.

Seemingly happy with your reaction, he shifted towards the hospital room door, the white wood closing with a soft click as he disappeared from sight.

After a few more seconds, you began to think rationally again. Your mind, in a vain attempt to play back what had happened only moments ago, shuffled through the mixed amount of feelings and thoughts that had raced through your head. You found such tasks troubling, seeing as you were still quietly dying on the inside.

Taking a deep breath, you walked back down the almost unnaturally clean hallways, the world almost seeming to hang an unrealistic shine to it.

Perhaps twas your newfound happiness that made such a change. Or perhaps it was the anticipation for what was to come. Such was uncertain. But perhaps, in your mind, one thing had been made clear:

You certainly weren't alone anymore.

"But, Y/N. You were never truly alone to begin with."

══════◄••❀••►══════

A/N Holy shit this is probably one of my favorite chapters. I actually finished it on my tablet. Ignore any mistakes, please. My laptop's gone for repairs so I'm trying my best <3

Stay at home
Stay safe
Stay damnfucken healthy.

With Love,
Toga~San!

Word Count: 1289
◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆◇☆★☆★☆★☆◆