Chapter 6

Lily

And here was I standing in front of the pack house of the Midnight pack. I was playing with my hair and biting my lips. It's clear I'm nervous, I mean who wouldn't be.

"Stop biting your lips, unless you want to bite them." Heron said, glancing at my lips.

"Ha ha," I glared at him. "Can't we go back and meet them some other time?"

"Nope, don't worry everything is going to be fine," he pushed away a strand of hair that fell in my face. No it's not. Why did I agree to this? "Come on."

He opened the door of the house and we got in. We went to what I think is the livingroom, there were a lot of people watching a game, I think. Nobody turned to look at us, they were to busy watching the game, well not until Heron coughed to get their attention. They all stopped and turned to look at us. I awkwardly waved.

"So, this is Lily the one I've talking about." Heron said. They still stayed still and didn't talk. Yep they don't like me. 

"Pay up bitches!" what the... A boy who looked Heron's age shouted, the others groaned. What is going on.

"Welcome to the pack, Luna." a blonde haired girl said with a smile on her face. "I'm Nets and the idiot he shouted is my mate James."

"Hello Luna, I'm James, the Beta of this pack and Heron best friend," he said and winked "If you ever feel like Heron isn't enough for you, feel free to call me." Heron growled at him but he only blew him a kiss. I laughed. Nets smacked him on the head and said.

"Don't worry, he is all bark and no bite."

"Ohh, but I bite and I think you now that darling." James said looking at her. Nets turned red. Aww, that's so cute.

"Eww, get a room." a black haired girl said coming from behind them. "Hi I'm Abby, welcome to the pack." she said with a fake smile on her face. Call me whatever you want but I know when the smile is fake even if it's the best actor or actress faking in it. Then her eyes darted to Heron and for a second her smile fell but it was right back up. I looked at Heron his head was hanged low. 

"Well see you around," she said and leaved. After that everyone that was in the room introduced themselves. Heron all the time stayed quiet and I think I know the reason. There is no way I'm not asking him about her. 

"Come guys, lunch is ready." said one of them. Rora, the cook of the pack house.

 Everyone sat at their chairs, I stood there, where am I going to sit? Before I could think more James pushed me to sit on the chair beside Heron. Thanks James, I might give you my firstborn for helping me. God I'm such a drama queen. We all started eating. We ate, talked, laughed, mostly it was James who wouldn't shut his mouth but nobody complained because he made us all laugh. Heron was the only one who stayed quiet. I noticed he and Abby were glancing at eachother but then pretend they were looking at something else. I don't know what's going on but if they don't stop this I might kill both of them. I'm not going to be played as fool. How can this asshole look at another women while I'm beside him? I might not admit it to him but it damn hurts.

We finished eating, I helped the others with the dishes while Heron was god knows where. We finished washing the dishes. Still no Heron, so I asked James.

"James where's Heron?"

"I think he is in his room," and how the hell should I know where his room is, James seems to know what my problem is because he told me where his room is, with a quick thanks to James, I started going to Herons room.

From the outside I heard a voice of a girl, is this Heron rooms? No, I should go and ask James to give better directions. I was about to leave when I heard Herons voice from inside. What the hell.