Chapter 8

Lily

I woke up to an empty cold bed. I looked at the time it was eight in the morning. I wanted to sleep more but my eyes wouldn't close, so I got up and went downstairs without changing my clothes. What? They're comfortable. It's not because they smell like Heron. It's not... Okay maybe it is a little bit. I entered the kitchen and smell of pancakes hit me. Yummy. Heron was cooking in his sleep clothes. Well it looks like I'm not the only one.

"Good morning." he said turning to look at me. "Slept well?"

"Like lamb." I replied. "You?"

"Like never before." he smirked. Putting  two plates of pancakes and two glasses of orange juice. I sat on one the chairs and Heron said opposite of me. We ate in comfortable silence. After ten minutes we finished. After Heron washed the dishes we sat on the sofa ready to talk. I might have helped him wash the dishes but I didn't want to.

"So... Who is going to go first?" I asked.  Heron looked at like saying 'you go first'. Uhh no, I'm not going first. "So want to explain the love between you and Leggy?" I said, he only raised an eyebrow at the nickname I had given her.

"We both know that the thing between me and Abby is not love." he said.

"Sure it isn't." I said, with sarcasm of course. "What do you call kissing her and exchanging glances while I was sitting at your side?"

"It's not like you think."

"Than how the fuck is it? Fucking just tell me." It doesn't look like this conversation is going to start.

"After I..." Ugh, is going to talk or what.

"After you... what?" I said. "Heron if you don't start talking I'm going to fucking leave out of here,"

"Goddamn, Lily can't you wait. It's not like I'm telling a fairy tale. Can't you be patient and not fucking blow up?" Ouch well that hurts. I stayed quite. "Thank you."

"So..." Of course I can't keep my mouth shut. He looked at me like he couldn't believe me but then rolled his eyes and continued.

"You know the day we broke up?" I nodded. How could I forget. "Well I was fucking mess."

"Well that's surprising, considering the fact that you said that you didn't give a shit about me and what you did to me." Well it's not like I'm lying. I will never forget the words he said to me.

Reminisce

Me and Heron had been dating for more than six months. Everything was going great at least that's what I thought. Until he started being this cold, arrogant asshole but still I stayed beside him, supported him. Then after a week he started canceling our dates, and I rarely saw him. So one day I had enough. I went to his house to see him and talk to him. Heron opened the door looking sleepy. By looking at his face I understood that he wasn't surprised to see me there. I didn't come at his house often because our pack the River pack didn't get along with the Midnight pack which was Herons pack. In fact they loathed eachother.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey." he said back, leaning on the door. What isn't he going to invite me in. Nevermind he's my boyfriend I'm just going to invite myself in. I was about to go inside but I noticed something in his neck. What the... Is that hickey?

"What?" he said.

"What the fuck is that, Heron? You're cheating on me?" I said my eyes pointing at his neck. He stayed quiet. "Say something." tears started gathering in my eyes. It wouldn't be long before they fell.

"What it's not like you didn't expect this," what is he talking about "Don't look at me like that, it's not my fault it's yours."

"What are you talking about?" I'm really confused.