Chapter 23

Lily

After Viper left the room I took two knifes. My wolf is still weak from the wolf's bane so I couldn't shift. I looked at the door he left, the only exit. I opened it, looked around. Once I saw that there is no one. I started searching for the exit.

After a few minutes I found it. Releasing of breath of relief I opened it. But my relief was cut short.

"Going somewhere sweetheart." There stood the girl from earlier. And I realised that this was test, to see if I would leave or not.

"Oh come on." she took my arm and started leading back inside. "Why can't you let me go?" I said staring at her familiar chocolate brown eyes. Wait a minute. "Are you his daughter?"

She ignored me. What a bitch. "Hey, I'm talking to you."

"What do you want?" she said gritting her teeth. Oh okay.

"For you to answer and not pretend like I just didn't talk."

Again she didn't talk. I opened my mouth to say more but she said "Yes, I am." I raised an eyebrow. You are what? Oh, his daughter.

"So that means you are Heron's cousin." she rolled her eyes. Probably annoyed that I talk to much. Ha well good luck cause nobody can make me keep my mouth shut.

"Bravo, you solved the world's biggest mystery." she said clapping her hands.

I knew she was using sarcasm but anyway I flipped my hair and said. "Thank you. I know, I know I'm awesome."

She rolled her eyes again. I smiled to myself that I was able to annoy her. Funny how I have the ability to annoy anyone. Sometimes even without trying.

"So, why do you hate Heron?" I asked her. I get why her father does but why does she?

"That is none of your business." she said dismissing me.

"But why? I mean I know Heron is not perfect but he isn't that bad." she thought I was going to stop with the question but I didn't. She didn't speak to until we came to the room I woke up. She pushed us inside and locked the door.

"Look, I don't hate Heron. I don't even know him, the first time I met him was at the cabin you guys were. I would call that exactly meeting but it was the first time I saw him live." she said.

"Than why are doing this? Why are you helping him? Why didn't you know Heron? What do you mean?" I asked her.

"God, you ask to many questions in the same time. I only heard one." she rolled her eyes. Well I do. "I can't help Heron because I'm in dept to him. And in order to repay that dept I must side with him in anything he does."

"What dept? And what's your name?"

"That is for me to know not for you. My name is Adalyn." she said. My curiosity shot up. Damn she shouldn't have said that. "I'll bring you a blanket and water, it's the last thing I can do." She said and turned to leave.

"Thank you." I thanked her.

She stopped for second and turned back to look at me "Keep your mouth shut about what I said cause I can guarantee you that you won't like my bad side." with that she was out of the door.

A while later a man came in. He held in his hands a blanket and a bottle of water. I thought about fighting him and getting out but there was no point. This room only had a chair and a dirty mattress on the ground. Good thing he brought water and a blanket. At night it could get cold and I couldn't shift into my wolf to shield myself from the cold.

He placed them on the chair and leaned against the wall. I arched an eyebrow. Why isn't he leaving?

"I can see why you are special to Heron." he said but I ignored him, staring at the blank wall. Yep the wall is more interesting than him. "Playing hard to get I see."