Chapter 1 : Birth of our prince and princess

Author's point of view

Berk was very weary of the two pregnant women walking to the arena to watch the dragon fight. It's not everyday that two women, nearing their due date, to be walking towards a war zone! But no one could stop them to support their husbands taming the beast.

"Valka! Ingrid! Please for the love of thor your both about to give birth why would you want to watch something so gruesome?!" Exhausted and running Gobber, shout to call the two women, But to no avail they keep walking. 'Goodness how do they walk so fast with more weight that they usually have?!' "Gobber lighten up will you ? Me and Ingrid would like to be their to watch and make sure they don't cause a bigger war against the dragons."

But even before Gobber could say another word to stop them they were at the arena's entrance. A small but visible grin popped on Valka's face.  "My dearest friend shall we go?" Valka said with a cheerful giggle. "We shall!" the two girls went on their way leaving poor Gobber at the entrance.

Valka and Ingrid sit at the front row, to see what's happening down at the main arena. "Valka?" Ingrid say "Hmm?" Valka hum in response. "What changed your mind about dragons?" Ingrid ask with curiosity filling her voice. Valka turn to her best friend seeing her holding her baby bump. "Well... I remember this day very well. I was a young lass back then my parents let me wonder in the forest for there was no dragon training that d-"

Valka was interrupted by screams of terror which switched their attention to the arena. The dragon was about to escape the ropes that held it from killing the men surrounding it. "Chief! We can't wait for it to calm down to bring this beast in!" A grunt following it. Valka and Ingrid recognized the voice belonged to "Spitelout we can't risk killing ourselves while we're in the cage!" The chief or more known as Stoic said, Valka's husband. "Stoic! We're going to die either way! At least my way would ensure this beast wouldn't go loose on the village!" Both Ingrid and Valka knew Spitelout was right for once. But they knew Haddocks's were known for their stubbornness so they just hope he would listen.

But to make matters worst their was a ear percing scream even stopped the dragon from it's tracks. Both women were feeling pain from their abdominal, Gothi reminded them that this week would be the time pre-labor pain day would arrive and that they should be carful. As soon as they had everything under control the dragon just bowed down their way and walked into the cage, to the vikings surprise, it has done it willingly! Once it was locked in the vikings started questioning everything. "I thought Monstrous Nightmares were known to be stubborn?" "Did that beast just bow?!" "What just happened?!" "I got a burn..." The arena was in chaos, so chaotic that Stoic and Van gar, Ingrid's husband, to slip out without anybody noticing.

"Are you both okay?" Van gar said with worry in his tone. "We're fine, really it's just the pre-labor pain" Valka said who is still catching her breath. "Val... we should take you... no we should go for a walk stay home might make the pain worst. How 'bout we get you two pregnant ladies some exercise? Hmm?" Stoic said with a smile.