Chapter 6: Two Choices

Recap: "I've ended my... my friendship with Hiccup." Her voice sounded so cold and hostile... "Are you proud? I would never abandon family for a lowly runt of the village." Everyone was so quiet."Good thing lassé get packed your living with me from now on." Finn said with accomplishment in his voice, and both left the hall. "This ends this week's council meeting!

~5 years later~

Astrid's point of view

It's been 5 years and Living with Uncle Finn is such a pain! I have to be the 'best warrior in all of Berk' as he said. Everyday is all about that  I barely have any free time now a days. But night time is my friend, my uncle always and I mean always sleeps early, so that mean I get to sneak out! "Astrid!" Uncle Finn called me. I rushed down the stairs to meet him. "Yes sir?" I replied.

"I've got you a job during the raid, you'll make sure that no house burns right away. You will be doing this with the rest teens." I guess he only means, the twins, Fishlegs, & Snoutlout... ugh I really really hate him. He keeps flirting with me ever since I ended my friendship with Hiccup. "You will gain experience in fighting through watching the rest kill dragons. Understood?" He said firmly. I can't say no, if I do he might do something like what he was doing during the council meeting 5 years ago.

"Yes."

"ONE OF YOU GET MORE WATER!" I yell to my group. We needed to help the other house and we still haven't got this part covered. "IM BACK WITH MORE BUCKETS OF WATER!" I hear Fishlegs yell. "What am I going to do with them?!" Snotlout said. I swear if he goes any further with his stupidity I wil-"ASTRID!FOCUS!" I hear someone said. And that some was my uncle. great...

"Alright everyone! The raid is over for the day and because of our reenforces our death count is better than last!" The Chief said. That great new if you think about it but for me loosing my focus for a split second, and my uncle seeing it. I just brought myself a scolding later.... ugh better get it over with.

As I walk back 'home' I see the blacksmith's workshop, and see Hiccup working on something. I use this opportunity to 'talk' to him. "Hi Hiccup!"  "Oh Hi Astrid! How have you been? I saw you and the rest of the teens save lives..."  it was really nice to hear his 'voice' but his tone just went from happy and welcoming to lonely and sad. I want to help him but I 'need' to get scolded first. "Hey... you want to go to Stormfly and Toothless after your shift?" I ask hopping he would love to hang with all of us their at the same time after so long. "Yeah sure!" I gladly smile his way and slump back to walk to my demise.

"What happened back there?!" My uncle yelled at me, planning to hit me with a scrap of leather he was holding . "You froze! No! You were daydreaming of that blasted runt of the cheif!" He said. I crunched my fist as I hear him call Hiccup like that, he is not weak! I really just wanted him to be the one gone instead of my father or even my mo- <smack!>

He... he really did smack me... I hold my probably red cheek. "Look at you your not even listening to me! I thought you already ended everything with him 5 years ago!"I stand up from the ground, coldly stare at him and walk out. I heard him yell "FINE LEAVE! YOU WILL NEVER BE WELCOME BACK HERE!" But I didn't care. Why should I? I've been someone else these past years. The only time I'm myself is when I'm with "Astrid your finally here!"

Hiccup...  "sorry got caught up with uncle Finn... he..he.." he really was their for me back then and even now. He gave up hanging out with me in public just for me to have a home. I'm really grateful for that. "Astrid what's wrong with your cheek?" "It's nothing don't worry" I tell him I really don't want him to know that I had the probably biggest scold from my uncle. For the past years.

"It's not nothing Astra... I can see a mark on your face."  He said trying to convince me. "Fine but don't do anything stupid . I'm not just talking to Hiccup guys both of you two." I said. They nod. "I lost focus awhile ago during the raid because of Snoutlout and my uncle was right behind me so he saw this. You all know how he hates when I mess up. So when I got home he just started scolding me, saying that I was daydreaming about... never mind. And I just couldn't take it anymore I was just thinking of possible insults at him but he just smacked me right here with his scrap leather and well now I'm here."

They just blankly looked at me. I waited for something to happen but we heard russules of grass. "Someone's close by hide guys!" I pushed them into our secret cave in the cove.

"Astrid <hic!> your here!!! of co<hic> urse! Now Be mine!!!!" I heard some say that to me I looked behind me and saw a wait what? A drunk Snoutlout? Not something you see every day. He's holding some thing it looks strange. And I was right because I was too focus to on studying him he threw the contents of the thing at me and... nothing happened... huh? "What did you do Snoutlout?" "You we're supposed to be drunk to and love meee <hic!>." Geez he's really desperate. "Im going now <hic> I now have to meet som<hic> one...."

That was really weird but I went back to the cove, once I got there Stormfly said he left because he had to grab something at the shop. I was too leave as well but I remember that 'I'm not welcomed' there anymore. So I had to form to a comfy dragon and sleep with Storm and Toothless.