Chapter 4: Turns of events

~AN~ so the picture above would be the first scene of the chapter except its Astrid who's half dragon.

Astrid's point of view

I wake up somewhere, oh it's Hiccup's room! So I'm still in the Haddock Household. Huh the raid must have taken longer than I thought. Hmm this must be a good time for a wa- ooohh what's that smell?!

I look to my side and see Hiccup sleeping, he looks peaceful... too bad I have to wake him up. "Hiccup ... Hiccup? Hiccup wake up..." I say as I shake him. <groan> "hm...? Oh goodddd morning Astra." <yawn.....> "the raid went all night I think ?" He says still trying to recover from sleep. "Yep! Isn't that why I am always here?" I ask. "Eh lets go down for breakfa-" "HICCUP!" OH THOR WHERE DID THAT HOLE COME FROM?! I ran to the hole hoping he hang on. "Hiccup?!" I yell "he- help.." he's alive ! "oh thor ! Hiccup! Grab my hand" he reaches for it but his grip loosen...  "HICCUP!" AhhhwhatshouldIdoohe'sfalling! ok Okay this's crazy. Here goes!

I jump to him an were suddenly floating off the ground... " huh?" "Astrid you have dragon wings!" I look back and panic. I- I hav- no not now we need to get back to Hiccup's room first. I.. uh fly? Up back to his room out of breath.

"Hiccup are you alright?" "Yeah I'm fine but look at you, you look-" "I look like a beast? Yeah I do." I cut him off spearing myself of hearing it from him. "Astra, will you let me finish?" I look at him. "Ok." "I said you look pretty it still you but with dragon wings!" He said happily? I don't get it I thought he tell me to his father and get me kill? I guess not. "We should probably figure out how to get you out of that before the entire village try's to kill you." I let out a small chuckle. "What do you expect we do?" "Let's go to Toothless and Stormfly for help" "yeah but your dad & your mom?" "Let's pretend we're playing a game! Get this cloak and run out of the house like you just stole my thing" that a great idea! " ok!"

I run out of the house surprised no ones their to stop me. I stop outside by door and hear Hiccup's dad stop us he said it's important. We still still pretending I took his cloak. "Hiccup... Astrid... both of your mother's we're taken last night during the raid. I'm sorry I couldn't save them they tried to protect you both. They were taken by a Stormcutter and another dragon we don't know of"

Author's point of view

Hiccup and Astrid sat their completely shocked, well who wouldn't  after the news's of both their mothers' are gone. Somehow they have the same minds and run out the house only to hear faint. "-iccup ! -rid!" Running towards the forest all the way to ravens point. Astrid just started to cry and Hiccup tried to comfort her but it was useless he was crying too. "Hii-hiccup?" Astrid said trying to get through her sobbing. "Ye-eah?" "I guess... that's where the bb-big hole in <sniff> your room... <chuckle>"She said as she tried(but failed) to smile. Hiccup just looked at Astrid. 'Why is she making a joke right now ?' "Hey... how bout we go to our 'dragon training' huh?" He said trying to get back up from the lose of their mothers'. "Sure." Astrid says as she wipes her tears.

Stoic's point of view

As soon as I tell them the news they ran out. I thought going straight to the point would let them feel like we're not lying to them but I guess that won't do. I know their both 5 but they need to be strong we loose people every time, how is this not new? I guess I should go to the counsel meeting.

"We have to try again. These beast have gone too far! They have taken more lives last night. We have to try once again before winter starts to come." I say. I can't let the dragons get away with my wife. "Chief. If we all go there who's we leave to watch the kids?" Spitelout said. "Ay! Cheif if we leave the kids might get into trouble with the elders!" All the elders or just Mildew?

Ay they may be right. This might be a good time to get Hiccup and Astrid distracted. "Ay you all might be right... but this might be a good time for the children to get distracted. Hiccup and Astrid just lost their Mothers' they would need something to do while we're gone killing."

I see my people look down. They might pay respect but I fear if they see how weak the two are they wouldn't want them to be their future leaders. I have to push them. "How bout we leave the two in-charge of the village and remaining people while we're gone eh? This would solve our problem and distract the two."

"We'll be back you <mumble> maybe. Just pretend this is cheifting lessons except I'm not there" i tell my son. As I say this we leave to destroy their home

Author's point of view

"Toothless!" "Stormfly!" They scream out the names of their new dragon friends. They just arrived at the cove hoping to have time to be around their friends even for a day before their time to 'lead the village'. As soon as they shouted a familiar blue and yellow dragon tackled the young princess. "My princess! Help! Help is needed!!" She said and flew towards the other side of the cove.

They both tried to follow but ended up going ahead of Stormfly. "What's wrong? Toothless what are you doing over here?" Hiccup asked confused about the situation. "Well my prince.... if you recall, Toothless was trapped in a thing you call 'net'. He... his tail fin was cut off from the fall." With shocked looks the two inspected Toothless, only to find Stormfly's say was true. Then hiccup remembered he works at a blacksmith workshop. "I could try to make you a new tail fin?" He said a little hesitant. "My prince you have no power that could heal another dragon..." Toothless cood. Hiccup knew that feeling, thought he might be the chief's son he could hear them calling him a...'runt'.

"I won't rest till I make you a tail fin!" Hiccup said as soon as he thought of that. He didn't want toothless to go through that even behind his back like him. Especially to a nightfury. Astrid and the two dragons looked at him like he was well actually I don't know. "Then I trust you my prince."