Chapter 21: comeback

Hiccup's point of view

"Wait wait wait! So your my mother?!" I ask in disbelief. So I just escaped a dying island and now I was kidnapped then oh the next thing I knew My kidnapper is my mother! "Yes I am. Follow me..." she tells me and runs off. "Is she always like this to all her captures?" I ask a near by dragon. "No... now get going." Great!

"Wait! You still need to explain why you didn't come home! Also what is this place? Wait wait Astrid's mom, mrs. Ingrid! Is she with yo- Woah..." looking around this beautiful dragon's haven, it was amazing. In the middle I saw another dragon rider, presumably Astrid's mother, once she saw us she flew towards us.

"You seem to be in great awe young man...." I familiar voice said. I turn to her direction and saw Ingrid, Astrid's lost mom. "Ingrid, you remember my son, Hiccup." My mother told her. Ingrid looked at me with shock. "Hiccup?! This is wonderful! You look great!" She suddenly stopped and looked at me sheepishly. I knew what her next question was going to be about.

"How's my little girl? How's my husband?" She asked quietly. I gave her a sad smile, knowing that Vangar died a few years after they left. "I'm sorry but Vanger died a few years after you left...." she looked at me afraid. "What?! Where did my little girl live after his death?! Tell me she lived with you! Not with Finn!" Wow... I guess she really dispiesed her brother in law.

"Well...-" "she lived with him didn't she?" Ingrid cut me off. I only gave her a nod in response, as she sighed. "Alright Ingrid stop killing my son with questions." My mom said to finally kill the strong tension. "Are you two hungry?" My mom spoke again. "I could eat." I said. "Ohh right! It's feeding time." Ingrid yelled.

"I thought we were eating?" I question my mother and Ingrid. "Oh but we are" my mom raised a hand to indicate us to stop. Suddenly an alpha rose from the ocean and... wait- What?! Fishes?! In the air~! <laughter> I look to my front and to my side to see my mother and Ingrid laughing as all the dragons grab as much fish as they can.

"This Hiccup is what it feels like to be a dragon! Haha!" My mother yells in glee. I watch as Ingrid walks on the dragons' backs. I want to tell them what me and Astrid are but I would need Astrid's approval just as she needs mine. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to the island. I'm sure Astra and Zepher would kill me if I don't come home.

"Hiccup what's the matter?" Ingrid questions as she brings me out of my thoughts.

"Just hoping Astrid won't kill me when I get back. Hehe.." I confessed while scratching the back of my neck.

"Wait! You and Astrid still talk?! B-but you said she lived with Finn! Finn doesn't like yo- no wait scratch that he hates you!" Ingrid frantically spoke.

I chucked awkwardly and scratched my neck.

"Well we kinda uhm.. ran away?" I said. Looking at my mother and Ingrid, they looked as if they were about to pass out, but their response was something I didn't expect.

"I assume you and Astrid had your reason to leave... let's go back inside, the dragons seem to be fed." My mom said.

•time skip•

"Mom?" I called

"yes Hiccup?"

"I was wondering what if you and aunt Ingrid come home with me? To you know... meet the rest.. we kinda have a tribe back home"

Aunt Ingrid and my mother looked ate each other, having a silent conversation. I'm not really sure of what they're saying but hopefully they'd agree.

"Alright... I just hope Astrid won't push me out... I did leave her alone." Aunt Ingrid spoke.

Astrid's point of view

"Astrid!"

"Astrid wake up!!"

"Cheiftess! we have company! we need your help"

Voices from outside my hut yelled. It's annoying that they come here when I told them I'd stay home to care for Zepher.

"Cheiftess! There's something coming closer to the island we need your word for this!" one of the defenders men yelled.

"Alright! I'm coming! Now shut your traps, you'll wake my daughter up!" I yelled frustrated.

I picked up my axe placing it on my back before bringing Zepher up for whatever these people want.

By the time I arrived at the square everyone and every dragon was gathered waiting for my call.

"Stormfly! come on we need to check this out, whatever they are their coming closer."

but even before we could take off something came down right in-front of us. everyone came to attack it but it spoke and it sacred us all.

"wait wait wait! Guys it's just me!" Hiccup yelled, he didn't come back alone though. A stormcutter and razorwip both with rider's on their backs.

I jumped of Stormfly, without hurting or waking Zepher, and waked angrily towards him.

"woah woah! Astrid I can expla- ow!" he yelped as I kicked his good leg.

I grabbed his coller while he was distracted pulling him down to meet my eyes.

"well well well! Welcome back mr. Haddock?! How can you explain disappearing for 3 weeks and come back with these unknown dragons and people?! Oh ho ho, how I'd love an explanation!" I spat.

"w-well you-you see the two over there the-" Hiccup started explaining before one of the

"Astrid?" a soothing voice that I longed for so long.

I turn to face to whom the voice belongs to. My eyes blurs at the sight before me.

"Mom!" I yell, I then give my little girl to Hiccup to not be disturbed by my reunion, I ran to tackle my mother in a hug.

"oh my little girl your all grown up! I'm so proud of you...and look at you you look absolutely stunning!"

"Mom! you're alive..." I say once again ignoring her comment

"I'm sorry I didn't come back sweetie, but what the dragons showed me and Valka, the dragons are truly intelligent animals. We could show it to you?" my mother told me

I rose my head from her chest, I looked to Hiccup and gave him a 'you didn't tell them' look.

"I couldn't tell them, I won't know how you would react if I did so. We can tell them now if you'd like." He told me.

"tell us what dear?" both Valka and my mom ask us.

"We're part dragon and well their prince and princess..."

-hello everyone! I'm so soo sorry for this very very very very very late update but, as I said before I had to much on my plate. I now have much more time to update at least twice a week at most. Thank you for being patient! Oh and if you noticed my writings kept changing in different parts of the story... ehum excuse that i did each part of this in different days and months 😅. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!-