Chapter 9 : Leaving Home

Hiccup's point of view

<huff> <sigh> "you think we lost them?" I ask. "You know that they never follow us once we're in the forest right? And please I think I have enough body pain for the next 7 months Hiccup." Astrid said as she rubs her wrist. "Ah... I'm sorry I have to be cautious about our secret..." I say a bit nervously. "It's alright but we do have to worried about tomorrow..." Astrid said. What happens tomorrow would destroy who we are if either one of us are chosen.

"Well M'lady... if you would agree and as well as Toothless and Astrid... we could leave Berk... if we were ever chosen? I mean it would be a fresh start for both of us and for our new addition?" I asked. I mean this would be a great plan, but we would have to leave everything we grew up with... "I would like to leave either way! I mean the fresh start for our child? Not to mention away from people who just want us to be killers? Leaving is now the best option." Astrid said, I looked at her wide eyed, I never thought she would agree right away to leave Berk... but it's her decision, I would say anything about it.

"To be honest Hiccup, I've always wanted to leave Berk every since my father passed away! I mean they started using me for my looks and for my Hofferson blood! I just hated it!" Astrid starts. Oh boy here comes the water works... "they e-e-even ma-a-ade me <sniff> chooosee between family and friends..." and she's crying, I come close and hug her.

"Hey Astrid it's ok... we'll leave the day after tomorrow at dawn, how's that sound?" I quietly ask, keeping my voice soothing. "Sounds great ... Well let's go to our fellow dragons! Don't want to keep them waiting!" She said smiling, oh Thor why are her mood swings this bad..

When I secretly drop Astrid off awhile ago, walked home. I went into my room and started to draw the cove, again, but I was frightened by my father entering the room. "Dad?! Uh..uhm.. hi! Your-your back! Wha- what are you doing here?" I said, Astrid was right about my stutter. "You'd think I won't find out?" He said sternly. "What? what do you mean?.." to be honest I really don't know what he means. "Nothing in my island go's without me knowing" he said. "What?" I said still confused. He looks straight to my eyes and sighs.

"Nothing never mind... it's nothing. I'll see you tomorrow." And leaves. What... what just happened?

Stoic's point of view

"Well yes, with the lass which surprises us, most afternoons. Well what can expect from the celebrities?"

"Celebrities?"

"Yes... they seem to have a way with the dragons"

"Where are they now?"

"In the forest, avoiding everything and everyone."

That has to mean something... they must have a reason why they leave together after each training... Well I wouldn't mind them being together all the time, they still would be happily friends if it wasn't for Finn. Astrid's father's dying wish was for their proposal to be inacted once their 18. But at 10 they stopped being friends. I'm truly sorry Van...

but their secret meetings must mean something! I walk around the forest hoping to bump into them. And I did from Astrid's crying voice. "they e-e-even ma-a-ade me <sniff> chooosee between family and friends..." She said. I took a peek and saw Hiccup hugging her, he was saying something but I couldn't hear, but it made Astrid smile, it was a genuine smile. That was something I never see on her face anymore. But he does.