Chapter 2: Growing up to know

Author's point of view

During the proclamation of the birth of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third and Astrid Rose Hofferson, it was successful and joyful. The town got to know the heir and the fairest maiden in all of Berk.

"Stoic, Van gar you two are definitely lucky! Your children look amazing and not to mention they might end up together in the future." Gobber said enthusiastically, but the mention of their newborns being said they would be together at birth just stunned the two men. "Gobber what do you mean... be together in the future?" Stoic asked cautiously. "Oh you know Gothi has a lot of those book and one of them Ay read if the mothers and father of the children born on the same day are friends they are to most likely be together" Gobber said with a cheerful tone. "Gobber we need ya help!" Mulch says "Alrighty Ima coming, see yah later cheif" And with that Gobber walks away, leaving the tow process what just happened.

Years have passed

Stoic's point of view

It's been four years I don't know, but But Gobber was right! Our children are close friends every time the Hofferson were coming over the first thing Little Astrid would ask after greets was "where's Hiccup?"  It was adorable and I love how Hiccups just enjoyed her company, even after he started working with Gobber, he still made time for her. I hope they drift closer not farther.

"Stoic, the Hoffersons' their here!" I here Valka say and on cue I hear hiccup try to fix his room from the shock of his mother and hearing the Hoffersons' have arrived <snicker> "I'm coming Val!" I walk downstairs to meet with the Hofferson'. "Stoic!" Van gar says as we shake hands. "Nice to see you again my friend"  I reply, suddenly I hear a small voice of  "hello, chief sir..." little Astrid. " hello astrid" she sends me a small smile, "go grab him he's in his room you two can go" I tell her knowing she would want to hang with him now. Astrid sends me a smile and run up the stairs.

I turn to Van gar, Ingrid & my wife.  "Now lets take a seat over at the dining room." We hear small steps coming down the steps. " Hiccup Astrid, be back by dinner okay ?" Val says and they run out with a yes mam and okay mom. "Now Van gar you said something about a proposal what would this be?"

Astrid's point of view

"Astrid, dear we're going to the Haddocks, be ready in five" my mom says. Ooh we're going to Hiccup's I can't wait I'll just pack my dagger and the notebook Hiccup gave me my last birthday. "Mom!!! I'm ready!" I shout, my mom just stares at me like I'm a dragon. " what..." I ask a bit scared. "Astrid, dear you have five minutes. It's only been 15 seconds, I think, since I called you..." my mom must be shocked that I can pack that fast for a four year kid.

"Astrid lets go!" My dad says holding out his hand, finally they took soo long, I can't wait to see Hiccup! I grab my dad's hand and we set off to the Haddocks'! 

"Hello... Chief sir !" I say all happy with a smile. This big mountain man is my Hiccup's father I think he got everything from his mommy. "Go grab him he's in his room" I guess he knew I wanted to be with Hiccup today. I smile and dash like a Speedstinger up the stairs.

"HICCUP!" I scream as I open the door. "AAH!!!"  <thud> I burst into laughter Hiccup got scared. "Astrid?" He asked I laughed then suddenly said "by thor learn to knock!" Hiccup says as he try's to stand in umm... that... position??? " oky I'll help you" i help Hiccup out of his chair " come on we have an entire day to hang out! Lets use the best of et" I drag him out his room.

Hiccup's point of view

"Stoic!!! The Hoffersons' are here!!!"
<yelp><thud> ouch... wait the Hofferson are here that mean Astrid's here! Ahhhhhhhhh I have to fix my things!!!!!

Okay I'm done I have my sketchbook, charcoal, dad's dagger and...-"HICCUP!!!!" "AHHHHHHHH!!!" Uhhh this is the second time this day.... who is- "Astrid?" I hear a small snicker or a laugh. "By thor learn to knock!!" I yell even if I can't untangle myself out of this "oky I'll help you" Astrid lends me her hands to stand. Then she grabs my hand and say "Come on we have an entire day to hang out let's make the best of et!"

Then she drags me out of my room and run down the stairs laughing. Then I heard my mom say "be back by dinner you two" she said and we say our goodbyes.

"Astrid where are we going?" " were going to the forest!" She cheers I just smille

"Were here!" The forest is so cool so many things to do here! "Let's race to that rock!" Astrid says "your on!" I replied.  We raced to the rock, and of course Astrid wins. But as I got there I slip on moss and fall in to the hole. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" I yell "Hiccup- ahhhhh!!" I hear Astrid yell, I think she fell down as she scream. We land then I see black.

"Uhh..." I say. I can feel my head swiling uuh... I suddenly felt something heavy on my chest. "Astrid?" " uh... where are we" she said. " I also don't know." We stand. And start walking towards the light. As we get closer we hear "Toothless! Come on we still need to fine them you can get out it!" We hear a girl around our age say. We look at each other and shrug. "We should help her friend Hiccup" "yeah we should." We walk closer and we finally reach this beautiful cove. We were in such in awe.

Astrid's point of view

Whoa this is such a beautiful cove. We were blinded by the light to see clearly but I hear Hiccup say "Hello? Umm were here to help you." We walk closer then we see... "dragons..." they were not big ones they look like babies. They look like a DeadlyNatter and a Nightfury. "Where are the boy and girl?" Hiccup whispers to me. "Where are they?" I ask as i slowly bring out my dagger. The dragons looked at each and do something unexpected.

"We're the only ones here." The Natter says We were surprise they talked... THEY TALKED AND I UNDERSTAND THEM!!! I turn to Hiccup, he looked as surprised as me. Looks like he can understand them too. I think they noticed and said "Are you Hiccup... "she points at Hiccup "and are you Astrid" she points at me. We hesitated but replied "yes..." the natter suddenly jumps and roars once she gets down she just said "I'm Stormfly and this is Toothless, its such an honor to finally meet you, your majesties!"