Chapter 11: Our New home

Stormfly's point of view

As soon as the fire died down we all went our separate ways and try to find Hiccup I felt that Astrid was about to cry. She went around like crazy looking for him. "She really does love him, doesn't she?" Toothless popped up this question we've always been asking. "Yeah, she does... let's help her before she looses her baby..." I say back.

<loud crying> we both look at Astrid direction and see her crying, this doesn't look so good... "what happen-" we both said, our question was answered when we saw hiccup under some rubble and to seem lost his left leg.... or everything below him knee. I give Toothless a nudge hoping he knows why. He does and look for his heartbeat, after while He happily licks him like he always do. Hiccup made a small movement making Astrid cry a bit harder but she sounds a bit more relieved.

We place him on my back, since Toothless needs a rider for long rides, and we set off. Once we left the smoke wall we found all the dragons under the Red Death waiting patiently for all of us. "What can we help you with?" I say. "We are very grateful for you freeing all of us from the queen's reign, as gratuitous we would want to help and serve the prince and princess. If they would allow so." The NightMare said. I look at Astrid, she had no expression on her, but she nods. "You will not regret your decision your majesty..."

For an the entire two hours we've been flying, Astrid has not piped up a single word! Like what?! The only words I could hear came from the dragons that just joined us.

About another hour later, I found a smoke wall like the one with the queen's island. "Hey A-a-astrid maybe their's an i-i-island inside the sm-smoke wall like the He-helem's g-gate, maybe we could check it out for both of your new home?" I ask, wait did I just stutter?! I see toothless looking at me weirdly. I think he heard the stutter.

"Sure..." we both heard an answer, why did it sound like the voice came from an ancestor dragon. <shivers> they are not pleasant... "we can look if it's big enough for all of us and for more to come." Astrid continued. I nod.  "Hey fellas we're going inside that wall of smoke and see if there's and island there, that we could live in!" I yell, as soon as that we descended into the island and begin our search.

3rd person view

"Woah..."

That was the only word the two dragons could say once they saw the island. It was way bigger and more beautiful than the previous island they've been too, maybe that's why it's hidden, it was big enough to hold in 3-5 tribes in her and still have space for forests and dragon's nests.

"I think we found ourselves a new home. Now pull those mouths back in their original position and lets get Hiccup some medical attention!" Astrid said. Stormfly looks over to her and see that she's not even grinning. 'She must really miss Hiccup'. She thought and looked towards the unconscious prince.

It's been about 10 minutes since they've landed, all they have done is find a good enough cave for the prince and princess to live in while the rest of the dragons will just sleep outside, just to make sure they'll be protected by outsiders, mostly stray dragons.

Astrid's point of view

"It's already close to midnight and you still haven't woken up..." I say as I watch him lay on the bed I made. I stand up from the unconscious boy and I walk further into the cave, for adventure you know?

"I should probably go back and sleep with him, sleeplessness is not good for our kid." I tell myself. "But then again I don't want to wake up beside him to think he would wake up, only to be crushed with reality." I counter myself. "Argh!!!" I yell in frustration. <whimper>. I stop in my tracks. What was that?

I look towards where that sound came from. I see a small, maybe a baby, ghostglow. Even if it's supposed to be a really bright dragon, it has a really faint glow. It must be hurt! Oh wait of course it's hurt Astrid why do you think it's glow is so low?  Hmm I should probably try to convince it that I'm no threat... should I talk to it or be a similar dragon? Eck?!

Ok I should just act like a normal person and try to calm it down and...ah!who care I'll just help it. I walk up to him really slowly "hey little guy or err girl?" I say in a soft voice. "I'm not going to hurt you... I just want to help you...." <growls> okay maybe try the other way.

I pull my hand right in-front of me and look away. "I'm not here to hurt you, I just want to help you.... I can't help you if you won't let me..." I say. After about 3 minutes I felt it's snout on my hand. "I pet it.  "Okay let's get you fixed up." I tell it to follow me.

Once we arrive back to the near entrance, I saw a slight movement in Hiccup's unconscious body. "Sit over there, I just need to check on my boyfriend..." I tell it.  I should probably ask for it's name. "Hiccup are you awake?" I ask but no response. "Huh... I guess I'm delusional once again." I look over to the ghostglow I see it watching my every move creepy but I've been through that madness for five years people. "Alright buddy let's get ya fixed up!" I say.

"Alll... done!" I say after I warped it's wound that let all the glow out. "Hey mind telling ne your name so I won't sound so rude?" I ask. "My name's Yophile... I know you can't understand that but I'll say it anyways..." Yophile says. I smile. "I can very much understand you Yophile." She looks at me in shock. I try to stop my laughter but it still came out. "Yes it's really strange to say but I'm Astrid, and I'm the Princess of all dragons"