Chapter One - The Mortal Cup

***

I was sitting on Izzy's bed waiting for her to decide which wig to put on for our next mission when we hear Alec outside her door "Isabelle lets go".Which makes me giggle, I love her but she takes forever to decide what to wear. She's already gone through my wardrobe since we have the same style and decided on the same outfit as me.

Izzy just smiles and looks at me holding them both up. One is platinum Blonde and the other is a blue - green colour.

"Defiantly the blonde" I responded immediately, already knowing my parabatai was thinking the same.

"You're right, Demons dig blondes" she replied giving me a wink making me roll my eyes, failing to conceal my smile.

She throws the blue - green wig on to the bed inches away from my face. Giggling she says "We better go before they leave without us"

I get up of the bed, looking in the mirror once more to make sure I look okay while Izzy comes up behind me "you look hot, now lets go" she says smiling, before dragging me out of her room.

I let her pull me away, grumbling "you're the reason we took so long in the first place" to which she just raises an eyebrow smiling.

As we turn the corner out of Izzy's room we see Alec dressed in all black, as usual, who stops to look at our attire, raising an eyebrow he looks at me saying "really?"

Izzy starts to walk away making Alec and I walk a little faster to catch her up with me in the middle of the two lightwood siblings she replies "what can I say? Demons dig blondes" giving me a look which makes Alec smile a little out of amusement but it was gone as soon as it came.

"Of course they do. But thats white." Alec replied looking between us both with a smirk.

"Platinum" Izzy says at the same time I sigh. Alec usually critics what Izzy and I wear, he's a little too overprotective sometimes. Plus, I'm Co-acting head of the institute so I'm expected to dress appropriately and usually I do but today I wanted to relax a little.

"And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, okay Alec?" I said to him as we walk into OPs Control.

Alec looks down at the both of us saying "you're plenty distracting on your own. Both of you."

I replied with a teasing smile "So be ourselves. Is that what you're trying to say?"

"Never mind. Looking good, lets go." he says sighing which makes me laugh.

As we walk down the stairs I link my arms with them both looking at them smiling "Don't we always?" he just rolls his eyes making Izzy and I giggle.

We get to the bottom and see Jace looking at the screen that has our next mission on it and as usual he's wearing all black but looks like he's put gel in his hair. "We're reading Jace" Izzy says still laughing a little.

He turns to look at us for a second before turning back around to look at the screen while replying with a smirk "Nice choice Izzy. Demons dig blondes". He's probably talking about himself. I have never met another shadow hunter as egoistical as Jace Wayland but I suppose thats just part of his charm.

I let go of Alecs arm to stand next to Izzy as we turn to look at him with identical smirks saying "Told you".

He just rolls his eyes defiantly saying "Its Platinum"

Jace clearly having enough of our colour disagreement rolls his eyes walking away from the screen saying "All right, guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood"