Chapter 7 - Major Arcana

***

I wake up with a headache confused as I look around I realise I'm not in my room. I suddenly remember the events of last night and leap out of the bed and into the bathroom to freshen up as much as I can. I walk out into he main area to see Magnus in the kitchen making pancakes I smile at the sight, blatantly checking him out. I couldn't deny he was quite attractive.

"Are you gonna stand there and stare all day or are you going to help me?" I hear Magnus ask me without turning around. I immediately blush before walking over to him.

"I wasn't staring." I defended myself, huffing.

The warlock turned to look at me with a sly smile "Well, I wish you were." he said winking and turning back to flipping the pancakes while my face continues to redden.

"I would help you but I am awful at cooking. Besides, couldn't you just use magic?" I asked confused.

"I could but I enjoy cooking and I wanted to cook you breakfast." He said without turning around.

My heart fluttered at the effort he put in for me as he turned around giving me an award winning smile while putting a stack of pancakes on my plate "Bon appetite" He said with a false French accent making me giggle.

I began eating as he sat next to me with his own plate "I apologise for my behaviour last night, it seems you have a bigger tolerance for alcohol than I do. I don't usually drink." I said slightly embarrassed.

"You have nothing to apologise for, Strawberry. You were perfect. I was the one that asked you to stay and you were relaxed, it was actually nice to see." He said smiling at me.

I looked at the time and saw it was nearing eleven "Shit, I should probably go. Thank you so much for everything." I said hurriedly.

"There's no need to thank me, Strawberry. We should do it again sometime." Magnus said while I just nodded running out of the door and towards the institute.

***

As I walked in I saw Izzy looking at a map on a screen with Alec. Izzy smirked at me while Alec gave me a look of pity.

"Slept at Magnus' place?" Izzy asked, smirk still present.

"Didn't do much sleeping." I answered, thinking of the night and the amount I had drunk. Izzy gave me a shocked but pleased look while I shook my head quickly.

"I was helping treat Luke's wounds. That's all." I added walking towards the institutes head office knowing I'm going to be in trouble.

"Really?" Izzy asked doubtfully.

I looked at her confused "What?"

Izzy shook her head "Nothing. I believe you." She said not convincing either of us.

we stopped as I said "Okay, Magnus made cocktails. I'm telling you, nothing else happened." I told her.

Izzy nodded "When you're ready to talk about whatever you need to talk about, I'm here."

"Hey, I talk to you." I defended myself.

Izzy nodded "Not much anymore. You know, and it's kind of not fair, because I talk to you about mine all the time. For example, I broke up with Meliorn." She tells me which makes me feel guilty as I realised I haven't been spending much time with my parabatai.