Chapter 4 - Day of Wrath

***

Alec, Magnus and I were walking through he Ops centre after being lectured by Aldertree. "How'd it go with Aldertree?" Alec asked me as I linked our arms together not wanting to leave his side afraid he'd somehow get hurt again. 

"Well, the man didn't disappoint. In his own charming, inimitable way, he informed me that we will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided." I said and rolled my eyes and Alec stopped walking and moving so he was infant of Magnus and I.

"All for trying to save my life. Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there and it did make a difference. Thank you" He said smiling at me, kissing my cheek before  turning to Magnus "Both of you." He said and Magnus smiled. 

"Thank you for not dying on me." I told him with a relieve sigh and bringing him into a tight hug. "How is Jace?" I ask him as we pull away. 

"He won't be gone long. Once his hand touches the Soul-Sword, the truth will come out, and prove that he's never been on Valentine's side." He assured me with a smile and I nodded 

Alec looked at Magnus with a pointed look, kissed my head and walked away. 

I look a Magnus confused before he smiles at me taking my hands "I know that with everything that's been going on, we haven't had a chance to go on that first date we never had.." he said trailing off and I instantly smiled nodding. 

"We haven't, no." I said with a wide grin and butterflies in my stomach. 

Magnus smile matched mine as he continued "I know a place in SoHo that has the best lamb kebab this side of Marrakesh. Or we can Portal to Marrakesh. You hungry?" He asked.

I nodded "Starving." I told him and as we were about to walk away Raj walked up to us. 

"Hey, Isabella. Demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck." he said and I sighed. 

Magnus turns to him with a smile "My dear Raj, you look well." Raj looks scared for a second before walking away. "Rain check?" Magnus asks me with a smile. 

I sigh "Yeah. Is that okay?" I say sadly. 

Magnus nods with a reassuring smile "You go battle your demons." He says and kisses my cheek and I walk towards Izzy and Alec.

"Demon attack downtown. One mundane dead." Izzy tells me and I nod sighing. 

Alec groans "And we don't have Jace, so, you're with us." He tells Clary as she walks towards us. 

"Wait. You want me on your team?" She asks shocked and I shake my head. 

"It's not my first choice, but we're a man down, and everyone else is on patrol. Gear up." I tell her, still angry at her with everything that she has caused. 

***

"Well, this is one nasty demon. Punched the hole right through his chest." I tell Luke as he walks towards us and Izzy continue to look at the mundane. 

"With that kind of strength, I doubt it's done yet." Luke said and I nodded. 

Alec came towards us "Nothing in the immediate area."

"We're taking the body back to the Institute. I'll run some tests to see what kind of demon we're dealing with." She says and Alec nods. 

"Clary and I will widen the perimeter. Hey, Fray! We got a demon to hunt. Come on." He shouts at Clary but before he walks away I walk towards him.