Chapter 7 - How are Thou Fallen

***

It had been a few days since Magnus and I's first date and everything has been going tremendously well between us. Although, I've noticed a change in Izzy she's become more distant and I was being to worry about her. I had told Magnus and he said I was probably being paranoid so he took me Prague for the day and then dinner in Tokyo. 

We walked through the portal back to Magnus' apartment with various bags from the shopping we had done during the day giggling "I mean, how would they feel?" I ask him with a wide smile. 

Magnus puts his bags on the chair before turning to me with a smile "Well, I'm glad you didn't ask in front of the sushi chef." He said. 

"Well, seriously, why do they call it fatty tuna? I mean that's a little degrading." I ask him seriously still giggling. 

Magnus looks at me "Hmm, well, I don't think obese tuna sounds any better."He told me kisses me lightly on the lips with a smile. 

I sat on the arm of the sofa as he stood between my legs "You know, as much as I love Tokyo and Prague, a bacon burger from the East Village isn't that bad." I told him gently, not wanting him to think i'm using him for his magic, as I play with his fingers. 

He looks down at me and moves a strand of my hair out of my face "The world is your oyster, Strawberry." He says softly. 

I nodded absentmindedly before I remembered something. I got up and he moved back slightly looking at me in confusion "I got you something." I said with a smile. 

Magnus looks shocked "Me?" he asked. 

I nodded "Yes, you." I said with a chuckle and give him a little bag "Open it." I told him as he just stared at it. He opens it and pulls out the lucky charm I had gotten for him. 

"It's supposed to bring you luck and protection." I told him with a smile. 

Magnus looked up at me with a soft smile "Thank you, Strawberry. You continue to surprise me." He said and walked towards me. 

"In good ways, I hope." I said as he pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder for a few minutes. I looked up at him and we were about to kiss but stopped as we hear giggling from Jace's room and I scrunch up my nose, groaning. 

Magnus sighed and leaned his head on my forehead "I haven't had a roommate this brazen since... Well, since Casanova and I spent the night in the Doge's Palace." He said and I looked at him with raised eyebrows. 

"Casanova? I'll talk to Jace. He can't stay here forever." I say to him and was about to walk away but Magnus grabbed my hand pulling me back into him. 

Shaking his head "No, no. Nothing a little magic can't fix." He said and snapped his fingers and upbeat music starts playing. "All good?" He asks as he sits on the sofa and pulls me on top of him so I was straddling him and he brought me into him. 

***

Magnus and I were making out on the couch while the music is playing. I pulled away hesitantly when I hear my phone beep and I saw that we have a mission and I sigh.

"Damn it. I need to go." I tell him as I look at him. He pulls me into another kiss and pulls away nodding. 

"Go do your job, Shadowhunter. I'm not going anywhere." He told me with a smile. 

I pouted, kissing him again "All right." I tell him before getting up and mentally preparing myself for whatever i'm going to find in my brothers room.