Chapter 2 - A Door Into the Dark

(Isabella's outfit, after the training room)

***

A few hours after they let us go I went to my room, I wanted to be alone. I was sitting on my bed thinking about how and when everything had gotten so messed up when Alec walks in and throws something at my head. 

"Ow" I speak as it hits me.  I sit up at look at him with wide eyes.

"Meet me in the training room in 5." He tells me and leaves. I sigh and look down to see he threw boxing gloves at me. I change into suitable training clothes and walked towards the training room. 

Once I got there I saw Alec sitting on the bench with his head In his hands I walk towards him and jokingly punch his arm lightly "Are you ready to get you're arse handed to you?" I tell him trying to ease away his anger slightly. 

He smiled "You wish."

We moved into the middle of the room and started sparing. We were doing this for quiet some time until I heard  "Alec, Bella are you okay?" I turn and glare at her considering all of this tarted when she showed up. My brother is considered a traitor due to whatever she told Aldertree. 

"Bold of you to show your face here." I told her. 

Clary looked down slightly "I can explain."

Alec shook his head "Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it." He said as we began to spar again. 

Clary sighed "Bella, Alec, Jace is my brother, too."

I look at her and scoff "You barely know him. We grew up with him. We fought by his side. He's our brother. Our best friend." I told her. 

"Guys..." She started and tried to touch our arms but we both moved away before she could. 

Clary frowns slightly "Alec, Bella, I want Jace back as much as you do. I... I am not my mother." She tells us. 

Alec scoffs "How well do we even know you? I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince our brother, you convince us to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace is gone. And your mother is the one trying to kill him." She tells her angrily. 

Clary shook her head "I had nothing to do with that, Alec. I would never hurt Jace." She told him looking to me to back her up. 

I shook eye head "Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright. Izzy was almost deruned. And now Valentine has Alec's parabatai. And it's all because of you." I told her harshly.

"Isabella." I heard Izzy say my full name. She only calls me that when she's mad at me but im too angry to care. I didn't acknowledge her. 

Clary looked down "I'm sorry."

Izzy walked in-between Alec and I and grabbed my hand squeezing it "Bells, Alec, this isn't her fault." She tells us softly while I scoff and shake my head. 

"When are you gonna realize you don't belong here? You never have." Alec tells her and I nod deciding to walk away as Alec follows me. 

"Bells, Alec." I hear Izzy say but I don't stop. 

***

After getting changed out of my training clothes I went to the OPs Centre for a briefing and I was standing next to Izzy with my arms crossed. "There's a clear pattern. Young, strong, highly-skilled fighters, all abducted from boxing clubs, dojos and gyms. Valentine must've realised that even with the Cup, creating Shadowhunters isn't easy. He needs mundanes who are more likely to survive the conversion." Lydia tells all of the shadowhunters.