Chapter 11 - Blood Calls to Blood

***

Its been a few hours since Alec came in to tell us there was nothing we could do, that Izzy and I were being put on trial and I. I had decided I was going to take full responsibility, I wasn't going to let my sister get exiled and de-runed. Alec had come to get us ready for the trail.

Alec looked between us "All I know is, we gotta get you out of here. All right, who do we know in Idris?" he asked.

I shook my head "The only people who care are Mom and Dad. But they're under suspicion themselves." 

"What about Lydia?" he asked hopefully. 

Izzy shook her head at him "Why do you keep going there? She is prosecuting us. You said she had no choice." She told him sighing. 

Alec nodded "She doesn't."

I rolled my eyes "Everyone has a choice, Alec. We made ours. Let us just get through this without losing our self-respect." I pleaded him, grateful for his attempts but completely exhausted. 

Alec looked at me "Look, I know you don't wanna believe this, but Lydia said she would help if we can give her a way to do it. Maybe I can get her to delay the trial." He told e with hope In his eyes.

Izzy just sighed "Why? So we can sit here, playing computer solitaire, while they find something else to blame us for? We're just a scapegoat to the Clave. They want the Cup." She tells him.

Alec looked away "So let me buy some time to find it. Hey, Jace and Clary–"

I look at him in sympathy "Disappeared through a door to God knows where. You said they're lost forever. And so is the Cup." I told him shaking my head slightly. 

Alec shook his head at me "What if I was wrong? I can't find Jace because I weakened our bond, but that doesn't mean he can't be found, or that he can't find us. We need more time."

Izzy raised an eyebrow at him "You're grasping at straws now?" She said as we sat down on my bed, hopeless.

Alec looked at us with a pleading look. I could tell he didn't want to loose either of us "Izzy, Bella, listen. I'm your big brother. Please, let me help you."

"You've helped us Alec and we love you for it but theres nothing we can do." I told him quietly and he shook his head and walked out. 

***

I sighed looking at Alec " You know what? I'd rather be stripped of my runes and sent into exile than be part of this world. What kind of people sacrifice justice for law?" I asked him.

Alec looks at me "That's very noble, Bella. But the high road's not gonna look so great when you're running for your life from a pack of demons with no Shadowhunter powers to protect you." he said looking slightly worried.

"Jocelyn lived as a mundane." Izzy defended my idea.

Alec looked between the both of us "You know Jocelyn had her runes and her weapons. You think the demons won't find you? You haven't exactly kept a low profile. You can't just let them convict you. You need an advocate." He told us before leaving. 

"I'm sick of this Izzy, I just want it to be over." I said quietly and she just nodded. 

***

After a while, Alec walks back in to the room with Magnus. I stood there in shock looking at the warlock in front of me, I hadn't seen him since our argument about him lying to me. It would be a lie to say I hadn't missed him and that it didn't hurt that he hadn't tried to see if I was okay after no doubt hearing about the trial. He looked absolutely breathtaking, my heart fluttered when I realised he was staring back at me.