Chapter 9 - Rise Up

***

After I had woken up Izzy took me to the infirmary and Robert came in to treat my wound, which hurts more than I had thought it would.

As I was sitting on the bed with Izzy next to me and Robert behind me as he went over a wound that was on my back I moved a little "Don't squirm." He told me as Alec walked in kissing my forehead.

"I'm not. It doesn't even hurt." I lied to him as I hear my phone ring, I went to get it but Izzy grabbed it first and I see Jace is calling.

"No talking, just healing." She orders me as she walks out to answer it and Alec sits in her place putting his hand own my knee.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me with a hint of guilt in his eyes making me confused.

I smiled at him "I'm okay. Just happy it didn't kill anyone." I told him.

Robert moved to the wound on my arm and kissed my hair smiling "Of course, you're okay. You're a Lightwood."

I smiled up at him as I hear "Mo!" and I see a brown mop of hair run into my side, moving Alec slightly.

I smiled hugging him with my good arm and kissing his head "Hey, bud." I said as he slips between Alec and I on the bed.

He looked at my arm in worry "I'm fine. You think a Forsaken can take down your sister?" I told him smirking, when In reality it hurt more than any forsaken wound I had ever had but I wanted to reassure my youngest brother.

He smiled at me "No, of course not. I got my bravery from you." He said smiling.

"No, thats just the Lightwood name. Sometimes were stupidly brave." Alec chuckles and Robert smiles at us fondly.

"Max, don't you have to be in the training roomie five minutes?" Robert asks him and Max nods frowning slightly.

"I wanted to see Mo, to make sure she was okay." I kissed his head in gratitude.

Robert smiles at him "you're sister is fine. Go to the training room and she'll see you later." He told the boy, who smiled kissed my check hugged Alec and left.

"All done. You're perfectly fine." Robert told me as I moved my arm but wincing slightly as it still hurt.

"Thank you" I told him and he just smiled kissing my head.

"Magnus Bane should be here fixing the wards, come on." He said walking away. Alec gives me a knowing smile as I blush at the thought of seeing the warlock that made my heart flutter.

***

As we walk into the main room of the institute I see him setting up stronger wards and it is mesmerising, I love seeing him use his magic, he looks so happy and flawlessly handsome.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert asks him as he turns around to walk to a different part of the wall.

"Even my magic has limits. The wards won't hold of that Forsaken attack. But my protections will slow them down." He reassured Robert.

"Extra time is priceless." He replied not looking at the warlock but the walls.

"No, say that after you get my bill." Magnus replies making me chuckle slightly and he looks at me with a look in his eye I couldn't decipher.

"Lydia will take care of that." Robert tells him before walking away.

Magnus turns to me "A Forsaken wound often needs a little warlock TLC. May I? Uh, free of charge." He says as he goes to touch my arm but I pull it back not wanting him to know how much it actually hurt.