Chapter Two - The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

***

I was in Alec's room lying on his bed while we were reading reports. I couldn't find Izzy and I thought I'd spend time with Alec. We talked for a while before he mentioned he has a ton of reports to read through so I said i'd help him.

I was reading through my fifteenth report and I was getting bored so I looked over at Alec whom also looked like he wanted to give up "Alec" I said dragging out the 'a' in his name.

He looked at me and in the same tone he said "Bella" also dragging out the 'a'.

I giggled which made him smile and I said "Im bored. I'm getting tired of reading through these reports."

He sighed putting his report down "Yeah, me too. Lets see what Jace has done with the Fray girl" he said rolling his eyes.

I got up off of his bed and walked out of the room with him, linking my arm in his.

***

When we got to the OPs Control room I saw an unfamiliar boy. He wasn't a downwolder and he wasn't a shadowhunter as he didn't have any runes so he must have been an mundane.

I saw him with Clary and Jace and rolled my eyes, I knew this girl would cause trouble. I was going to say something but I promised Izzy I would give Clary a chance and I don't break promises.

Alec sighed and said " Why is there a mundane in the institute" While I raised my eyebrow at Jace.

Jace looked at us then back to Clary and the mundane, sighing he said "A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Which made me nearly choke on my saliva with wide eyes.

Clary looked at me briefly before looking at Alec "A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother."

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" The mundane asked. Making me roll my eyes.

"All we know is... a long time ago the Circle lead a revolt." Jace answered. " A lot of shadowhunters got killed... including my father" I grabbed his hand and squeezed it making him squeeze back letting me know he's okay. I know talking about his father upset him, more than he'd care to admit.

Alec continues "And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the circle"

Clary furrowed her eyebrows at Jace's hands holding mine which I thought was funny. She definitely likes him.

She then looks between the three of us "But how is that even possible? Its your history."

I let go of Jace's hand and crossed my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes. Before I could even stop myself I scoffed "Says the girl who didn't know she was a shadowhunter?" I said it with a tint of annoyance, i'm just glad Izzy wasn't here to hear it otherwise I'd probably be lectured.

Clary looks at me in annoyance and says "Yeah. Yeah, you're right."

Jace, Alec and I started to walk towards a screen where I saw Izzy working while the Fray girl continued "And the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm.."

I started to help Izzy trying to tune the girl out because she was starting to piss me off and Izzy quickly grabbed my hand, clearly feeling the anger and smiled at me making me calm down a little but the girl carried on "Theres got to be someone who can tell us why they've taken my mother."