Chapter 6 - Iron Sisters

***

It had been a few days after the rite of mourning for the fallen and since then Alec and Izzy have been keeping an eye on me. Never leaving me alone for two long. I was in the training room, hitting a punching bag when I heard my phone ping indicating I had a message. 

I looked at it seeing it was from Magnus saying it was an emergency. I immediately ran out of the institute and towards his apartment. Once I arrived I was too worried to knock and just walked in seeing Magnus holding a jar of fangs looking calm and I was confused. 

"Mags. I got your  message. What's the emergency?" I asked him walking towards him. 

I looked at the jar more closely saying  "Are those..." I trailed off looking ta him. 

Magnus smiled "Fangs? Yes. Very potent. Good for digestion." He said and gestured to the bottle and I scrunched up my face shaking my head. 

"I'm sorry about the emergency call, but it was the only way to get your attention." He said and I sighed. 

I nodded "Well, since you're okay, I should probably get back." I told him, kissing him quickly before turning around. Before I could take a step away Magnus grabbed my hand.

"I'm not okay... because you're not okay. Strawberry... you've been to hell and back. And you haven't stopped for a second, taken a moment for yourself." He said with worry. 

I smile at him "Magnus, we're in the middle of a war." I told him gently. 

He sighed and nodded "There will always be a war. A mission. A– a problem to solve. Look, I speak from experience. If you fail to grant time for the things you care about, you'll forget why you're even fighting at all." He said and I realised I hadn't seen him in a while and I felt terrible. Also, realising that he thought he had to sent an emergency text to get my attention only making me feel worse. 

I smiled "What do you have in mind?" I asked him and he smiled. 

"Well, we still haven't gone on that date yet..." He said and I nodded. 

"Just let me go and change?" I asked him and he nodded. 

"Meet you in the hunters moon in an hour" he said. I kissed him and left feeling a giddy feeling in my stomach. 

***

I got to the institute and tried to find Izzy but couldn't find her anywhere. I walked into Alec's room seeing him hitting a punching bag in the corner of his room. "Alexander, where is our sister?" I asked him. 

He turned to look t me with a smile "She went to see the iron sisters, she's on a mission." 

I smiled and was excited for my parabatai "Oh thats great! She's wanted to see the Iron sisters since we were young." I said and he nodded. 

"She was going to ask you to go with her but you had already left." He said and I nodded with a smile. 

"Thats okay..." I say trailing off with a wider smile "Mags and I are going on a date and I need to get ready." I told him and he smiled at me.

"That's great Bella! Well I know I'm not Izzy but I could try to help." He said and I giggled shaking my head. He really would do anything for us. 

"No, its okay. I'm sure I can manage. I'll see you later Alec." I said walking out. 

"I love you. Have fun... Not too much fun though!" I hear him shout and I giggle walking into my room. 

I had decided on a red dress with black heels. My hair down and light make-up.