Chapter 13 - Morning Star

Isabella's outfit ^^^

***

After changing into more comfortable clothing,  Alec and I had gone to find Lydia to thank her and also to try and soften things out with our mother. I hated that she was mad at me. We walked into the main room and saw her and Robert looking at a few screens. Walking up to them I mentally prepare myself. 

"Have you spoken with Lydia? No one's seen her since the wedding." He asks them and neither of them reply. 

"Mom, come on." I say. I only call her mom in certain situations. 

Robert sighs, giving me a sympathetic look "Maryse."

"Mom, I understand you're upset, but this is–" Alec tried as I just looked down. 

Maryse turned to us quickly "Calling off the wedding would've been one thing" she said looking at Alec before turning to me "but kissing that warlock in front of the entire Institute? You've embarrassed all of us." She says and I realise she's mad at me more than Alec and I decide not to drag him down. 

"Why? Because he wouldn't be able to run the institute with us?" I ask her, curiously. 

Maryse glared at me "No. That is the least of my worries." she says.

"Then what's the problem?" I ask her.

"That you chose Magnus Bane." she said sighing.

Robert looked at me with a tiny smile "His reputation precedes him. And even for a warlock, he's a bit of a lothario. Isabella, there's so much that you don't know about him." 

I sigh "Well, then I plan to get to know him. And if you have a problem with that, then I suggest you deal with it. Now, I have to go find Lydia." I told them annoyed that they were talking badly about him. 

"She's probably packing for Idris in your father's office. What she did–"Maryse started but I shook my head cutting her off 

"Saved mine and Alec's life. So we should go thank her." I state before leaving the three.

***

I had walked around the corner nearing the office when I saw Magnus. I smiled at him and walked towards him. Grabbing my hand he says "On a scale of one to ten, how unpleasant was it?" Knowing from the look on my face I had spoken to my parents. 

"Off the charts. Yeah, I've never seen them so angry. Let alone at me." I say shaking my head slightly. 

Magnus sneezed my hand in comfort "Just give them some time."

I scoffed with a teasing smile "You're immortal. Time is on your side. After what I did, I don't think they'll ever forgive me." I told him as tears started to form in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

Magnus hook his head pulling me to him tightly "Don't underestimate a parent's love. You don't regret it, do you?" he asked as he pulled away slowly but keeping his hands on my forearms. 

I smiled at him shaking my head a little "Everything happened so fast but no, I don't. I just wanna make sure Lydia's okay. Now I owe her so much... never thought i'd say that. But being away from Madeline ad Greyson has made her a better person." I said as we walked towards the office. 

Agnus held my hand  "We owe her. What she did was nothing short of heroic. Why don't we start with that date you owe me?" He asked with a smile 

I chuckled "Yeah, let's do that." squeezing his hand lightly.