Chapter 3 - Parabatai Lost

***

After a few hours of being in my room I began worrying about Alec. Nobody had come to tell me the he had found Jace and I was scared something might have happened to him. 

Izzy pushed open my door looking frightened "Alec..." That was all she needed to say for me to run out of my room and towards his. My heart broke and my eyes were clouded with tears the second I walked through his door. He was covered in sweat and looked as though he was in pain and he was mumbling. I looked at Jocelyn in anger "Get out." I demanded her. 

"Isabella i..." She tried but I shouted at her. She nodded and left. I walked towards him and sat on the other side of him taking his hand in mine. I realised Izzy wasn't here and i stared at him, tears furiously falling down my cheeks as I choked back sobs. I couldn't loose him, he was everything to me. We were practically raised as twins when we were children we did everything together and then Jace came and Alec and him became parabatai and so did Izzy and I but Alec and I had a bond we didn't share with anyone at time sit felt stronger then our parabatai bonds. 

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist and I instantly knew Izzy had joined me on the bed. I noticed someone else was in the room and I looked up to see Magnus. He was looking at me with worry and it looked like it hurt him to see me cry. I tried to smile at him but just ended up sobbing. He leaned over and kissed my head lovingly before trying to save Alec with his magic. 

"Jace, I..." I herd Alec mumble and I held onto his hand tighter.

"It's not working." Izzy said from beside me. 

"I'm sorry, Isabelle, Strawberry. Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls. Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strength. It's an angelic bond. My magic can only do so much." He told us regretfully. 

"So Jace is like this, too?" Izzy asked as Magnus stopped using using his magic. 

Magnus shook his head "Not necessarily. It appears that when Alec called out to him, part of his soul never returned. Now he's stuck, lost somewhere between himself and his parabatai." He says and starts using his magic again. 

"This is Jace's fault." I mumble and Izzy looked at me with tears in her eyes also and I grabbed her hand. 

"But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul..." Izzy asked Magnus. 

Magnus nodded "We may very well have the cure. Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly."

I looked at Izzy as she got up to leave and I went to follow but she shook her head "Stay with Alec. I'll go find Jace." She said hugging me.

"Be careful, I cant loose you too." I told her and she hugged me tighter nodding. She knows I only have one fear and thats loosing anyone else I love. 

I sat back on the bed and stared at Alec before looking up at Magnus "Thanking you for being here. I really needed you and so does Alec." I told him gratefully. 

"Of course, Strawberry. I know how much he means to you." He said with a soft smile. 

"I don't want you to over exert yourself though." I told him seriously. 

He smiled at me "Don't worry about me, i'll be fine." He told me. I nodded smiling at him a little and laid down curling into Alec's side like I used to do when we were little and I was afraid to sleep alone. 

***

After a short while I heard a knock on the door I looked up with a frown "Isabelle? Isabella? Clary's back." I heard Jocelyn say and I was immediately angry. I went to get up but Magnus sweat me opening the door slightly.