Chapter 2 (Dinner at the Prakash's)

Priya's POV
.........
So it's been a week since the wedding. Today is the day my mom and dad invited the Varma family to our house. Mom was preparing food, Dad and brother were making other arrangements for the guests. I don't understand why my family is making a big deal out of it. They are only coming here for a meal.... I wore simple jeans and top but my mother India started to have a go at me for it. She told me to go and wear a salwar, like what the hell why do I have to wear my good salwars for a family meal.
Anyways I wore my favorite white salwar as instructed by my mother. I was saving it for my friend's wedding. Can't Help. Mom's order!!!!

After wearing my salwar, I applied light make up and let my hair free. At last the Mr.Varma's family arrived, my mom, dad and sister-in-law welcomed them into the house. For some reason I was not allowed to come out until my parents told me to.
I was getting really suspicious about this whole thing. They started to have a casual conversation. My mom asked what Vijay was doing now and Vijay replied that he took over his father's family business. When Mom asked the same to Adi, he said he's working in the company as well. Then they started to talk about their childhood, their wedding and all. I was listening to all their conversations from the kitchen whilst making tea for them.

Finally my mom asked me to come to the hall with tea and snacks. I started serving tea to the family. Whilst I was serving tea, Preetha aunty asked me what I was doing, I said that I'm completing masters in Business. Then she asked when I would be finishing my education, my brother replied instead of me that I will be sitting for my final exam in 2 weeks then I'm done with my education. I finished serving tea to all the family. Only Akshay and Vijay were left now. When I was serving tea to Akshay he gave me a death glare for the reason I did not know. I just ignored it and served Vijay, for which he smiled and Thanked me.

As everyone was drinking tea and eating snacks, Prabhu Uncle suddenly said that his family liked me and wanted to ask my hand in marriage with his Son Vijay.....

........

Hey guys, i hope you liked this chapter. I have attached a picture of Priya's salwar. All the image rights go to the respected owners of it, I am not going to take the rights of it. Thank you.. please comment and let me know of what you think.