Chapter 13

Priyanka's POV

It's been two weeks since we came to Coimbatore. Nothing much has happened in the last two weeks. Vijay doesn't speak to me as usual, he goes to work and when he's back, he goes straight to his room and locks himself up. We only speak when it's necessary like when I have to call him for lunch or dinner. But most of the days, he eats outside. Vijay goes to work from Monday to Friday and on Saturdays, he works only for half a day. So he gets take-away while coming back and orders food online on Sunday for lunch (he orders for me as well) and eats homemade dinner on Sundays.

I woke up at 7 today. After doing my daily rituals, I felt like wearing a saree. So I wore a simple yellow saree and braided my hair. After that, I prepared breakfast, served it to Vijay and then he left for work. Once he left, I did some chores. While I was doing my chores, somebody rang the doorbell. When I opened it, I saw a woman at the door giving her a questioning look. ''Hello, my name is Radhika. I live in the same apartment, right opposite of your flat and I'm your neighbor. So I wanted to introduce myself to you'', She said in single breath. I asked her to come inside the house and we had a pleasant conversation. She asked me if I am Vijay's wife and other general stuff and we exchanged our phone numbers. Radhika left after some time promising to meet again. She's a really nice person and I'm so glad because I finally found a company.

When it was around 12 PM, Vijay came back from work. Normally he doesn't come home this early on Saturdays. I asked him if he wanted anything to drink. Vijay replied ''no'' and walked into his room. Is he trying to avoid me by sitting in that room? Because he's always in there.

Anyways, Radhika was the only friend I made here. She said she had a daughter who's 4 years old and she told me her husband is a Software Engineer. I wanted to go to her apartment but she told me that they were going out today. Well I guess I'll be on my own again. I decided to watch TV to pass time. Called a few of my friends and prepared lunch. I knocked on Vijay's door. When he opened I told him to come and have lunch so he nodded a yes. I served Vijay some Biriyani I made and sat beside him and served myself some. When he finished his lunch he looked at me and said the biryani was really tasty.... I was really surprised because normally he doesn't say anything about my food, but today he complimented me. I thanked him and I asked him if he wanted some more. He said he's fine. Then I decided to start a conversation with him. ''Vijay, can I speak to you?'', ''Hmm sure'' Vijay replied. ''You don't always have to sit locked inside your room to avoid me. I promise you that I won't disturb or interfere in your personal life'' I said. ''Priyanka, I am not trying to avoid you. It's just that I'm more comfortable in my room'' he stated and walked away. Hmm, I picked up all the plates and went to wash it. The rest of the day passed really quick after that.

It was Sunday today. Vijay doesn't go to work on Sunday. After waking up, doing my morning business and preparing breakfast, I asked Vijay if I can go to the temple with Radhika. After getting his permission, Radhika, her daughter who's name is Anu and I went to the temple. The temple was only 15 mins walk from our house. On our way to the temple Radhu was talking about how loving her husband is and when she was talking about it all I could do was think about my situation with Vijay. Will he ever love me the way Radhika's husband loves her? When we reached the temple, I prayed for our family, friends and for Vijay.... After all, he's my husband.

When I came back Vijay opened the door for me and asked me how my day was. I said it was good and went to my room to get changed. I changed into a pink kurti. Later that day, I was watching a film called 'Raja Rani' on TV. Surprisingly, Vijay came and sat on the other side of the couch and asked me, "Do you watch movies often"? ''Yes, I love movies. How about you?" I answered and also questioned him. He replied, ''I used to watch but I don't watch much anymore''. I just hummed for a response and looked at TV again. It was the first time, 'us' watching a film together... While watching the movie, I noticed Vijay getting uncomfortable with some of the scenes. Especially the scene where Keerthana (Nazriya) meets with an accident.

Vijay got up and stormed inside his bedroom and closed the door making a very loud thud. I tried going behind him but he has closed the door already. I panicked seeing that, even though I didn't do anything to make him uncomfortable. Like how does that scene affect him? Seeing Vijay's reaction, my mind got really disturbed. So I decided to turn the TV off and go to my room. I wanted to call Vijay for dinner but he didn't look like he was in a good mood and I didn't want him to lash out his anger on me. Is something wrong with him? I mean, he was alright at the start and became restless all of a sudden watching that scene. Like, did he ever face the same thing before?? 

..........................
Hey guys, thank you for reading chapter ❤️ please let me know what you think of this chapter.  How do you guys think that scene is related to Vijays life ? Will update the next chapter soon :) And guys I've added the scene Vijay got uncomfortable with at the top of the page.