Chapter 30

Priya's POV........

I thought about ending my life and as soon as I had the thought, my family's faces flashed in my mind. 'Why should I punish them?' I thought. Also I didn't want to jump into conclusions before knowing what's in Vijay's mind. So I thought the best thing to do is speak to Vijay about it. Finally I decided to return to bed. When I got to the bed, I noticed Vijay sleeping peacefully. I positioned myself next to him and fell asleep. Next morning when I woke up Vijay wasn't next to me. He already woke up. After I got up, I did my morning chores, had a shower and changed into a churidar and tied my hair in a simple braid.

When I went to the kitchen I saw Vijay was all ready and about to leave for work. He was dressed in a black shirt today looking handsome as usual. When he saw me he smiled and said ''I woke up slightly early Priya, there's your coffee. I've prepared breakfast as well''. One thing I have to admit is that he cooks really well. The food he cooks is so mouthwatering.

As Vijay was leaving he placed a small kiss on my forehead and said he's leaving. I was shocked but I managed to smile and said bye to him. The rest of the day passed with me doing housework and reading.

I decided to ask Vijay about what's happening with the contract because until now he hasn't said anything about it and the way he is behaving is very dangerous to my heart. I need to clarify it with him. I'll ask him once he comes home. Vijay came home around 6 In the evening.

After giving him some time to freshen up, I went to him in the balcony and asked ''Vijay what will happen after 5 days?"

''What do you mean?'' he replied.

''Aren't our contract ending in 5 days?'' I said, trying not to break down in front of him.

Vijay- "Umm Priya, I have some plans in my mind. I will let you know about it soon".

Priya - ''Vijay, just tell me now. What difference will it make if you tell me now or later?''

When I said that he just looked at me and smiled, making me confused. I didn't push him anymore to tell me. In fact I have prepared my mind to accept whatever his decision is.

Three Days Later............

The last three days passed very quickly. Much faster than I liked. Basically it just passed with Vijay going to work, watching a film together when he comes back and having Some conversations in between that. Tomorrow is the final day of the contract. I still don't Know what's going to happen but in my heart I have a slight hope that he is going to accept me.

When he came back from work today he came and gave me a beautifully designed saree and some matching jewellery as a present. And after gently placing his arms on my shoulder he said ''Priya, it is my friend's wedding reception tomorrow. I want you to get dressed in this saree and jewellery, if that's okay with you''. I was frustrated because tomorrow is an important day where we should part our ways but he wants me to get ready in a saree for his friend's reception. Why can't he just tell me to leave him? I was angry and disappointed but forced a smile and thanked him.

''Thank you so much Vijay for this beautiful saree and jewellery. I will definitely get dressed in this for your friend's wedding reception. But Vijay isn't this saree and jewellery a bit too extra for a wedding reception?'' I asked him, confused.

''Nah, everyone's gonna come dressed like this tomorrow. I designed this saree for you as I thought you'll look gorgeous in it''.

I blushed when he said that and thanked and complimented him for designing such a beautiful saree.

My small hope turned into confidence that I may not leave Vijay after tomorrow because his actions speak louder than words. But somewhere in my heart I am scared thinking what if he will reject me !!